Sunday 9 October 2011

52 Weeks of {Happy} Mail ~ Starts Today!

The event starts today and this is the envelope I’ve masked, inked and stamped, ready to contain my first piece of happy mail.

P1010792

A few people have said they like the idea, but couldn’t commit to sending something weekly, which is fair enough. I think it would still be nice to do, even if only on a monthly basis. There’s no need to go to the effort of decorating an envelope, like I have for this week, anything handwritten is acceptable and it doesn’t need to be a handmade card. To me, ‘Happy Mail’ is anything sent with love by a friend.

The Facebook page has reached over 1000 ‘Likes’ now, but there’s still time to add your name.

I’ll be sharing what I’m sending, every week throughout Blogtoberfest, on a Sunday or Monday. I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else will be mailing out. If you’re joining in, I’d love to hear from you.

10 comments:

Sian said...

Pretty!

I've been posting out paper bags - doesn't sound very exciting, but I hope it will make a few people happy lol

humel said...

It's so pretty! :) And I shall definitely aim to send out more items than usual in the spirit of the project - I've just been finishing off a little something for one recipient, and will be thinking about the next as soon as that's on its way!

And Sian - paper bags would sure make me happy :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Opoh that looks gorgeous. Am fascinated by this, but watching from the sidelines like a coward!

Alison said...

OK..it's official-I'm in, in a non-official capacity (that way I don't feel so bad if I forget for a few weeks or whatever)
Alison xx

Alison said...

OOPs! Meant to say that I love your envelope!
Alison xx

Jo.C said...

Now this is just getting spooky now - it is like we are living in a parallel universe. Great envelope :0)

Sandra said...

Oh Fi this is lovely and it's such a great idea

Beverly said...

gorgeous envelope, it will surely put a smile on someone's face :) I am excitd to get started this week. I am making a notebook to tracle who I send to but I also have a master list of people I want to send something to in this year...more than 52 :)

Ginger said...

I think this is a wonderful idea and I like that there is no pressure to decorate, I agree with your statement about Happy Mail :)

Miriam said...

Your envelope is just beautiful, I am going to join in with this, I have no idea how it will work for me but I really love to get something in the post! real post not in a brown envelope. x