Sunday 2 October 2011

Storytelling Sunday ~ The Paddling Pool

With temperatures in the high twenties for the last few days, it didn’t seem quite fitting to tell a story with an autumnal flavour this month. I got out an old photo album this morning, had a quick flick and pulled this Summer snap from its pages.

SCN_0045

So what’s the story here?

I’m only two years old in this photo, so I can’t claim any memories of the day. My blurry left foot, caught just off the ground, coupled with that unbecoming frown, suggests that I may have been stamping it! I loved nothing more than to splash about in my paddIing pool all day long, during the summer months and I think I was probably being just a little bit impatient, because it was still empty. The part of the story the picture doesn’t tell, is that I had a six month old baby brother by now, who may well have been keeping my Mum busy. Although somebody obviously had time to take the photo, so perhaps that’s what I was grumpy about!

Not exactly a story, or a memory, but a little snippet of my very early childhood, brought to you as part of Sian’s Storytelling Sunday.

15 comments:

Sian said...

Little memories make great stories! Especially if they also involve cute swimsuit pictures :)

We have had terrible rain here over the last two days, so swimsuits seem quite appropriate!

Thanks for the story today Fi

Sandra said...

Now to me Fi, that picture really does tell it's own story :)

Miriam said...

I love the way you found the picture and recalled the events. I love to do this, isn't that what scrapbooking is about? I'm off to look through a box of photos just like I've been meaning to do for, Oh ages! Thanks for the push. x

scrappyjacky said...

I love the way you've looked at that photo....and been transported back....and been able to use your memories of the times....to build a story round it.

Anonymous said...

How neat that that photo brought back memories from your childhood. You've made me think about taking a second look at some of our childhood pictures and see what I can tell from them.

furrypig said...

Cute picture and brilliant how a few memories from a picture can spark a story, love the swimsuit!!

humel said...

Oh, cute :) I love how a photo can bring memories flooding back!

alexa said...

Ahhh, this is lovely! If I'd been denied a poolful of water because of a six-month old interlopr, I'd be stamping my foot too!

Susanne said...

Great little tale, I think it is fun all the little things that a photo brings flooding back to us.

Ginger said...

You are adorable!! Love that photo :) I do not have very many photos of me as an infant or baby (the last of 5 :)

Wonderful story!

Ali said...

Aww Fi you can tell its you :)

Ifa said...

What a cutie. What a photo to treasure. I don't have many (if any) childhood photos and I so envy you.

Becky said...

I love little snippets of stories like this - they are what make life so interesting.

Alison said...

Great memories, even though you don't remember the exact occasion!
Alison xx

Michelle Hernandez said...

Wow that is a beautiful photograph!