Friday 14 October 2011

Five Things I’m Loving This Friday ~ Pumpkins

While browsing the internet for pumpkin carving inspiration, I came across quite a few alternative ideas, that don’t involve carving at all.

Buttons……

…..and Lacy Fabric both from Better Homes and Gardens.

Simply stylish from Twig and Thistle

Spray Paint and Stencils from allyou.com

and finally, how about this for bling, from Madigan Made

I don’t think I would have the patience to entirely cover a pumpkin in drawing pins or thumb tacks, but I love the effect. Maybe a very small pumpkin.

I’ll be back tomorrow with a more conventional take on pumpkin decorating.

9 comments:

Sian said...

I especially love the one with the border in the top right hand corner - isn't that chic?

Jo.C said...

These are great - do like the buttons and the one Sian likes. Great call

Lynn said...

Wow - love the button one - cute. Don't really do halloween but do like seeing the carved pumpkins.

Alison said...

Love the button one too! TFS!
Alison

alexa said...

Just amazing! A super post ... I'm glad you explained about the tacks - I'd never have guessed!

humel said...

These are really lovely - we don't do Halloween but I could maybe take on some of these as home decor ideas :)

Allycat x said...

Thanks for finding those gorgeous pumpkin photos - I'm in love with the purple steps!!! :)

Lisa said...

Loving all those pumpkins Fi, thanks so much for blogging them :-D Last year I bought the pumpkin carving cartridge for the cricut cos I love carving and Hallowe'en so much:D must be the witch in me? ;-)

Great pics of the kidlingtons too, such a happy pair you have :-D

Lisa
xxx

Lotti said...

Oh my gosh these pumpkins are just awesome. Some people are just so clever to think up these wonderful ideas. found your blog through Blogtoberfest.