Saturday 8 October 2011

Make & Sew

If you are a fan of Cath Kidston, then you might be interested in these two 52 page booklets free with the Telegraph this weekend.

Part One is with today’s paper (Saturday) and then Part Two tomorrow.

I’ve got Sew! and it’s a lovely book, although the instructions are a little sparse sometimes, if you’re new to sewing. The 40 projects, of varying difficulty, include several different bags, cushions, aprons, tablecloth and napkins, quilts and lots of gift ideas. There is a full size pattern sheet with all the projects on it. Everything you need (except a reel of thread) to make the bag pictured on the front cover, is also included with the book, making it great value.

I wasn’t so impressed with Make! After a flick through I decided it wasn’t for me. There are 48 projects, which mostly involve decorating ready made items with applique and embroidery. 16 templates are included and the cotton tote bag shown on the cover, in its plain state, ready to pretty up.

I’ll be back tomorrow with more on the 52 Weeks of Mail event.

6 comments:

Beverly said...

love the bag on the Sew cover :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Interesting. I'm not a huge fan I must say...but you gotta admire any woman that can turn a polka dot pattern into a copyright image and run a business from it!! Have several friends who will really enjoy knowing about the Telegraph supplements, thanks for the heads up!

Julia said...

Thanks for this Fi. Been at work all day and I bet dh has thrown this supplement in the recycling!! Oh and I bought the Hummingbird cookbook too. Now working my way through the yummy recipes :)

Jo.C said...

I had Make and agree with you - sold it on Amazon for not bad money because a lot of people wanted it. But I don't mind if they are free with a paper. Have rung OH to see if he can get one on his way home - fingers crossed :0)

Sian said...

I got my freebie yesterday and I'll be looking out for it today again. From yesterdays, my pick is the sweatshirt with the racing car on it - I think Little E could do with one of those!

Sandra said...

I got both my copies, and I'm really pleased with them. I'm looking forward to her Patch book due out soon