Friday 7 October 2011

Five Things I’m Loving This Friday ~ Handmade Gifts Part 4

Onto teens and this week’s list was a bit more tricky. I don’t know about the teens in your extended families, but my nieces and nephews are all about the gadgets.

This pouch pattern and tutorial is designed for an iphone, but could easily be adapted for an ipod touch or similar sized phone/gadget. I love the way it’s been fussy cut to make use of the fabric design. Very sweet.

I thought this design, intended for an ipod, would be better suited to any boys on your list. The tutorial is five years old, so the measurements will need adapting for the slimmer versions of tech now available, but I liked the fastening on it.

Hair is another thing that is important to my nieces and they all seem to own straighteners of one sort or another. This clever case has a pocket on the outside to loop the cord into, if you’re packing them at the last minute and they’re still hot!

Maybe your older teens have recently passed their driving test and could do with a kit of useful things to go in the glove box. This looks so professional, at first I didn’t realise the case was handmade, but it is.

For teenage girls, I don’t think you can go far wrong with a great looking bag. This one is reversible, so you can choose some funky fabric and if they don’t like it, they can just turn it to the inside!

Not quite an even split between boys and girls, but then two doesn’t go into five!

If you’re new around here (and you’re very welcome) you might like some links to the earlier lists in my Handmade Gifts series.

Part 1 ~ Babies

Part 2 ~ Older Children

Part 3 ~ Pre Teens

I’ll be taking a break from Christmas gifts for the next couple of Fridays and turning my attention to Halloween instead. I hope you’ll join me for some spooky inspiration.

7 comments:

Beverly said...

ahhh to have such sewing skills! Enjoyed today's choices but can't wait for the Halloween focus :) Be sure to check my blog tmw, I'm sharing the MOST adorable Halloween outfit (not costume) for a little girl. Have a glorious weekend!

Sian said...

I love the straighteners case - what a clever idea that is!

Jo.C said...

I too love the straighteners case - I know someone who do with that in a couple of weeks when she goes away for the weekend. You are doing really well with your posts and thanks for your encouragement :0)

humel said...

Aha, I could do with a case for my new phone so I can store the earphones with it - I might be checking out (and adapting) these tutorials for myself! :) Thank you very much xx

Alison said...

I like the straighteners case too...too bad I can't sew!
Alison xx

Lisa-Jane said...

Another set of absolutely brilliant ideas. Thanks!

Sandra said...

I know at 23 I'm too old to be a teen, but I could find a use for some of these :)