Saturday 20 October 2012

Stampin’ Up Saturday ~ {Almost} Monochrome

A simple card from me today, for some very old family friends, who are celebrating fifty years of marriage this weekend. It’s going to be a great party!

P1020416

I’ve embossed the background with the Lacy Brocade folder and mounted it on the same Very Vanilla cardstock. I like this tone on tone effect for simple cards.

I stamped the sentiment panel using Memorable Moments, which is brilliant for customising both anniversary and birthday cards.

To finish it off I cut Brushed Gold with the Label Framelits to back the stamped panel, added some pearls and mounted with foam pads to lift it from the background.

If you need any extra information you can find me at angelfishcrafts{at}gmail{dot}com

Short and sweet today, because I’m off on a five hour road trip with my Mum and Brother to deliver this card in person. Can’t wait to see them. It’s been a while.

10 comments:

Beverly said...

It is beautiful and elegant. I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating this glorious milestone with them :)

humel said...

That's a beautifully stylish, elegant card :) Enjoy the trip! x

alexa said...

Another person here whose first reaction was "How elegant is this!" Hping you have a lovely time ...

Julia Dunnit said...

It's gorgeous, understated and powerful actually!' Hope you're enjoying a fab day.

Sian said...

The tone on tone is perfect. Have a great trip and a wonderful day.

Alison said...

So elegant...hope you've had a great time celebrating with them!
Alison xx

Sandra said...

It's a beautiful card which will really be loved. Have a fabulous time x

Ginger said...

Fiona I love the simplicity of this card! and the embossed folder does a lovely job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Fi x - Ali

Jo said...

Such a beautiful card x