Thursday 18 October 2012

I Feel Like Chicken Tonight

So said my daughter before she left for school this morning and I aim to please.

P1020413

Per person you will need:

  • a nice plump chicken breast
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 2 rashers of streaky bacon
  • 1 tsp brown sugar

Rub the paprika over the chicken and wrap with bacon rashers, place in an oiled baking tin and sprinkle with sugar. Bake in the oven at 180 for approx. 25 minutes.

P1020409

I served the chicken with roasted new potatoes. Cut in half, toss in olive oil and place flat side down in a griddle pan. Cook for about 5 minutes.

P1020411

Place in a roasting tin, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and put in the oven with the chicken. By griddling first they take the same time to cook.

Add some seasonal veg to complete the meal.

My recipe is adapted from this one. When I tried it, I found that the chicken strips  were cooked through before the bacon had crisped up so I leave mine whole. I also changed the spice and use less sugar and oil.

PS I know the bacon doesn’t look very crispy in the picture, but that’s because I photographed them half way through cooking. I tend to forget when I’m dishing up!

8 comments:

humel said...

Yum! I love chicken wrapped in bacon - and now I'm starving, must be supper time!

MarkD said...

Sounds lovely

scrappyjacky said...

Yum.....we have a similar dish,but add phili cheese in the middle of the chicken.

Annie said...

I'm so glad I've already eaten my breakfast cos those really would make me feel hungry....I love chicken.
I do similar and add a piece of blue cheese inside the chicken before wrapping in the bacon.
Hugs,
A x

Carin McDonough said...

Yum, I love chicken wrapped in bacon! I also usually add some cheese. Love the look and sound of the baby potatoes, I will have to give them a try that way :)

Sian said...

Sugar? This, we'll have to try!

Julia said...

Mmmm that sounds delicious! Definitely trying this one!

Jo said...

That looks delicious! x