Monday 8 October 2012

Damp in Derbyshire

I had a post all prepared for the August Month in Numbers and when my laptop went down I never got to hit publish. I also took part in Rinda’s Photo Scavenger Hunt during the Summer and missed the deadline for that for the same reason.

I’m sharing a few photos from each today.

P1020167

Seven nights spent sleeping under the stars in a cosy yurt…..

P1020172

…..with these guys/gals for neighbours.

P1020178

Enjoying beautiful houses like those at Biddulph Grange Garden…..

P1020243

…..and Lyme Park.

P1020228

Making the most of the sunshine…..

P1020183

…..and laughing off the rain (on Alexa’s bridge).

P1020190

Exploring deep underground…..

P1020218

…..and high on hilltops.

P1020252

Stopping to smell the roses…..

P1020257

…..and being grateful for that woodburner!

Thankyou Derbyshire for a wonderful week, despite all the weather threw at us.

16 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like you managed to find some beautiful places to visit.

Sandra said...

What lovely photos Fi :) I really love the sleeping under the stars one ... fabulous.

I seem to have been missing for a while, and goodness what a shock to see how grown up the kids are looking :)

humel said...

What a shame :( Lovely pics of some lovely sights and sites, though :) Ahh, Pride and Prejudice.... *happy sigh!*

Annie said...

I think we need to make to most of what every the weather throws at us and you certainly seemed to do that. :-) A beautiful post.
Hugs,
A x

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Fi.....none of you though :( Gorgeous photos of the kids and Adam, Sam will soon fair be catching up on Adam! - Ali

Kirsty.A said...

Great pictures. I didn't post my August in numbers until yesterday either!

Carin McDonough said...

Wow Fi you are doing so amazingly at keeping up with all these posts, you must be so organised! Beautiful photos :)

Jaki Morris said...

I've always wanted to stay in a yurt! I'll have to do it now it looks much more fun than a boring tent!

Jakix

alexa said...

Lovely to see your photos, and wish I'd known you were so close! I've often wondered about yurts - a woodburning stove sounds perfect!

Lisa-Jane said...

I need to know more about the yurt! How was it? Glad you found some fun despite the slightly damp weather...

Sian said...

It's a lovely collection of pictures which show what a happy time you had.

We've done Featherdown farm camping, but not a yurt

Alison said...

It looks as though you certainly made the most of the weather Fiona!
Alison xx

Julia said...

I can't believe you were just down the road from me and I didn't know! Next time we will have to meet up :) Love Lyme Park and Biddulph Grange. Where is that turret on the hill?

Jo said...

It looks like you had a great time even though the weather was rubbish, great photos x

Beverly said...

Despite the weather you got some great shots and I am sure created great memories :) I love the outside stairway which also could be a path, yes?

monkeemoomoo said...

Looks like you had amazing holiday - a yurt - wow!! I bet your kids loved that.

I'm a visiting for the first time today from Blogtoberfest:)