Tuesday 9 October 2012

Simple Sausage Casserole

Another favourite in our house and so easy to make.

P1020388

Sausage casserole

one large onion, sliced

one tin chopped tomatoes

one tin baked beans

1-2 tbsp worcester sauce

8 sausages

Fry the onion until soft and golden brown.

Add the tomatoes and allow to bubble for a few minutes.

Stir in the baked beans and worcester sauce.

Simmer gently for 20 minutes while you cook the sausages.

Cut the sausages into pieces and add to the tomato sauce.

Simple. I prefer to cook the sausages separately, because it cuts down on the fat content. I serve with either jacket potatoes and broccoli or (as tonight) creamy mash and tenderheart cabbage.

A friend mentioned on Facebook that she was having Parsnip, apple and chilli soup for her lunch and I asked for a recipe. She had bought it from a local sandwich shop so I am going to have a go at making my own. Back to the chopping board for me.

7 comments:

rach said...

That sounds delicious. Will have to try it soon.

humel said...

It sounds great - but unfortunately the kids don't like sausages (yes, I have strange children...) and The Doctor isn't keen on casseroles of any kind, *sigh!* Might have to make some just for me....

Lisa-Jane said...

Perfect warming stuff for this horrid weather!

Julia said...

Mmm sounds nice - let me know when you've worked out the soup recipe as that sounds yummy too!

Jo said...

That sounds like a real winter warmer! Can't wait for the soup recipe :)

Sian said...

You have a perfect knack for producing recipes which even I think I could manage!

Twiglet said...

Sounds fab and so does the parsnip soup. Perfect for a chilly day like today. x Jo