Wednesday 22 October 2014

What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday #281

Wednesday comes around all too quickly, but Tuesday came first and that meant a fun day out with Jan and Julia. Of course, I realised too late that I should have snapped what I was working on while I was there, because there would be nothing happening at my Tuesday afternoon kitchen table.

IMG_20141022_144116

I had to wait until the middle of the afternoon, when I had a chance to dust off my sewing machine. I finished a long overdue something, the trimmings of which can be seen at the back and began a quilt square for October. The very last one. Can you believe it? Those Wednesdays keep rolling around and a year of Friendship Quilt square making has been and almost gone. I’m feeling a little bit sad about that.

I’m linking up with Julia and the other desk sharers….eventually!

Note to self: if you schedule a post for Tuesday, because you are going to be out, it helps if you actually put Tuesday’s date on it! Never mind it will come in handy for another day instead. Have you guessed what that “Q” might be now?

16 comments:

Annie said...

I saw you'd had a day with Julia and Jan over on their blogs....yes the pics are fab :-) How lovely to meet these special friends made thanks to WOYWW and aren't those two just as lovely as you imagine?
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x # 31

Christine said...

Made me smile to think of the three of you together for a day ... you certainly chose the weather for a long drive!! Glad it was worth it though.
I know what you mean about scheduling ... think I have the hang of it now but I'm not holding my breath!!!
Have a good week
Bishopsmate #60

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Q is for quarters!
It was lovely to see you yesterday, what fun we had and I loved your cakes. In fact I'd like your recipe for the Fairings if you can part with it!
I love the startled photo, it made me smile :-)
Hugs, LLJ 21 xx

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh, the last square already!!! Goodness that has gone quick

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Love those pretty colors and am sorry to say that I am a bit behind on my last square for the friendship quilt. I need to email Denise and let her know. I've been busy but I think there's a little bit of procrastination because I'm sad that this will be the last one! It's been such a lovely project! ♥

April said...

Loving those color combinations. Scheduling can sometimes be a pain - can't it? lol April #70

Abi said...

I can't believe it's the last square this month! Where has it gone. Such a gorgeous project from beginning to end.

Sharon Madson said...

I heard about your wonderful day with Jan and Julia over at Jan's Blog. I am so envious! Glad you all had fun. I have tried to schedule my post and it doesn't work! Happy WOYWW! #77

Helen said...

you all had a great day, I saw! loving all that pink fabric! Helen 4

scrappyjacky said...

I'm feeling sad that it's the last one as well.

jill said...

You had a good day with Julia & jan the other day . Glad you all had a good time crafting. I like the idea of the friendship quilt , a lovely thing to do .

KraftyKaren said...

Glad you had a lovely day out crafting. My favourite trick with blogging is to think that I have scheduled the post for a few days time, hit the publish button and then it goes live there and then - duh I am always doing that!!

Have followed your friendship quilt and I look forward to seeing the completed project.

Lisca said...

Hope you had a good day out with Julia and jan.
I love those pretty colours of those quarters. What are you making?
Sorry for being late commenting. I got as far as 68 yesterday. Today I hope to visit everybody.
Thank you for letting me have a peep of your workspace.
Have a good week
Lisca#32

shazsilverwolf said...

HI Fiona, saw the pic of you passing Stonehenge on the way to Jans. Glad you had a good day, but then you were in brilliant company, weren't you? Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz#28 xx

Kyla said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous day with the terrible two! I saw the photos on Jan's blog.

Loving the colours of the fabrics for your qulit.
Kyla #11

fairy thoughts said...

grr just lost my comment which prove what i just said..... you cant do everything.... its not so easy bloggingin the gym..lol pop back wwith prper comment later
janet