Thursday 23 October 2014

Throw Back Thursday

About this time two years ago, I held my very first card making class. I was very nervous, but friends came along to support me and it all went well. A lady came all the way from South Devon, much to my surprise, and I’m happy to say she was at last week’s class too. My numbers have more than doubled since then and I’ve started a second class in another nearby town, which is growing rapidly.

I thought I’d share my post from that day for Throw Back Thursday.

 

Wednesday, 17 October 2012

What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday ~ 176

I didn’t work at my own desk today. This was what my kitchen table looked like this morning, before I packed everything into the car.

P1020405

I went to the local Arts Centre and taught my first ever paper craft class. We made two different card designs and two gift boxes, in different colours, to match them.

P1020155

My sweet girl made this cute Good Luck card for me, before she went off to school…

P1020407

…and my lovely friend brought this delicious cake along for us to share.

P1020406

I got to bring the leftover portion home. All in all a very good day.

To see what everyone else has been up to head over to Julia’s place.

Posted by Fiona@Staring at the Sea at 19:16

Labels: Blogtoberfest, cakes, cards, classes, woyww

Here’s the other card we made that day….

….and that blue is still a favourite colour cardstock!

8 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so glad to hear that your classes are so popular Fiona...and that so many people are getting to share your creative skills!
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

Pleased to hear your classes are growing....but having seen your gorgeous projects.....I'm not surprised.

Sandra said...

I'm so happy to hear that your classes are growing and expanding. I remember you starting so well x

Sian said...

Two years? That's lots of lovely cards going out into the world to brighten someone's day!

I'm delighted to hear that your classes are expanding

KraftyKaren said...

I'm not surprised that you had to expand to a second class, really enjoyed the one that I did with you x

Wendy said...

How nice to hear you have started a second class - well done for the last two years :-)

Jo said...

I can't believe it's been 2 years, it's great to hear your classes are still going strong x

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to hear your classes are growing! Beautiful cards. I think I might actually have that stamp.