Thursday 2 October 2014

Holiday Home

I gave you a little teaser yesterday and here’s the full reveal. Oh, how I love these tall thin houses, all in a row.

P1030536

The black and white houses are simply stamped on the background and the coloured house has been paper pieced. I stamped out five extra images. Two on white, one for the base and one for the windows and door frame. One each on bright yellow, red and pale blue, to cut apart for all the other components. This image works particularly well for the technique as it’s all straight lines.

P1030537

We used the matching dies to cut the stamped houses for our next project, much to everyone’s relief! They wouldn’t work for the piecing, as they leave a narrow border around the image. Perfect here. I’m always a fan of kraft cardstock and it’s a great base for this simple box. A strip of patterned paper, a snip of ribbon and a few punched hearts, in Cherry Cobbler, all add up to a project with a seasonal flavour. It could be used to house (no pun intended!) a small gift or as a decoration. I can picture a whole row of them on a mantelpiece, or even hanging from the tree.

I’m putting together a tutorial for the basic box and I’ll be sharing that some time during Blogtoberfest, along with one for my take on the Card in a Box theme. You thought I’d forgotten about that, didn’t you? There’s one part of the process which I’m finding tricky to show/explain, but it’ll be coming soon.

Shameless self promotion coming up. The stamp set I used is called Holiday Home and is available to order at £13.95, if anyone is interested.

We’re still enjoying the sunshine here. Hope you are too.

9 comments:

Lynz said...

I LOVE the box! So versatile. And such a pretty stamp (also versatile! *g*)

scrappyjacky said...

Love the card.

Sian said...

I'm going to cave in very soon. How could I not want a stamp of a very tall house??!

Wendy said...

that's a lovely idea for a card :-)

Lou said...

I loved the houses when i saw them on IG. Great card x

Lisa-Jane said...

That's great! I love the effect of the paper piecing.

KraftyKaren said...

Fab projects - look forward to the box tutorial x

Susanne said...

How cute those projects are - I especially love the crisp look of that card.

alexa said...

What a super stamp - perfect! I love the mix of colour and black and white outlines. Just lovely.