Thursday 16 October 2014

Throw Back Thursday ~ Rolle Reversal

Having just taken my boy to his first university open day, I’ve been thinking about my years at Rolle College. We seemed to spend a lot of our time in fancy dress, but I think that’s just because I don’t have many everyday photos. The camera only came out if the occasion was deemed worthy of capturing on film.

SCN_0008

Here we are all dressed up for Rolle Reversal night, during rag week, in our charity shop suits. This was taken on the landing in our halls of residence. It was a huge old house, all boarded up now and a far cry from the modern, purpose built en suite study bedrooms we looked at on Saturday. Happy days.

5 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

You all look very dapper!!

Actually if I look at my photographs from my nurse training years you would have thought that the three years was one long party but film wasn't cheap then you had to pay for developing too - so of course the camera only came out for special events. No taking random photographs of your feet or your dinner LOL!!

Sian said...

I know, en suite! Changed tines, eh? it's a great picture and a perfect example of how the things in the background bring back memories too - I just looked at that and thought - Halls

Sandra said...

What a fun photo, great to look back on :)

Jo said...

You all look fantastic :)

Maggie said...

I know you said that like us you were starting the university hunt. We too spent half our time at college at King Alfred's in fancy dress and went to great length to make them. We also lived in different conditions to today. 3 in a room in our first year!
Looking at unis does indeed bring it back. Somethings remain unchanged. The sticky floor in the Student Union. The student who got lost in the library?! But new to me were the computer suites and the "Neutral Gender " toilets in the SU!. Happy hunting to you and your son. Such an important step.