Saturday 6 February 2016

Stampin' on Saturday ~ The Sky's the Limit

This week's class was based around the Sky is the Limit stamp set. We made three cards, one of which I shared on Wednesday*.

























I created the background by using a splotch, from Gorgeous Grunge, stamped in sky blue. I stamped the plane image and added a vapour trail, which makes the shape of a heart so I highlighted that by colouring in red. I stamped the clouds in pale grey on a scrap of card, fussy cut and stuck on with foam pads.

























The second card started in exactly the same way. This time I fussy cut a second plane, which I added over the first with foam pads, to give a bit of dimension. I left the vapour trail as it was. Stamped the sentiment onto a strip of card and cut a banner end. I then added another smaller banner to balance the composition.

The banner strip was a little longer than required and I meant to adhere it with the excess hanging over the edge so that I could trim it off, but I completely forgot!

*I'm writing a tutorial for that circular spinner card, but the photos will have to wait until we get some sunshine. Hoping that won't be too long. Have a lovely weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love your cards as you are so inventive with your stamping and construction.

Maria Ontiveros said...

This is great Fiona. I love the layering.
I really like the balance of the second one, with the tag on the left hand side.
Rinda

Louise H said...

I wish I lived close enough to go to one (or more) of your card classes. Your style is so appealing - I love the clean lines and 'unfussiness, as well as the classic images.

Sian said...

I saw this one in my feedly ok today (though I wasn't on yesterday so I don't know if it was there then, sorry). I love that cloudy background

Jo said...

Great cards, I do love that plane stamp x

Anonymous said...

Great looking card Fiona!

Susanne said...

Oh fabulous cards - thanks for the inspiration. I have that set too - and can't wait to use it on guy cards.