Monday 15 February 2016

Memorandum Monday ~ Galaxy

It was a busy weekend with lots going on. A very wet Saturday afternoon spent baking with my girl. Three varieties of muffins and a banana loaf to replenish the freezer stocks. They were getting dangerously low and we can't have that. Plus a few to pack up and deliver to our boy, along with a selection of "ready meals", portioned off when I did some batch cooking earlier in the week.

























Saturday evening saw the beginning of a new Icelandic crime drama on BBC4. The first two episodes were shown back to back. I've only watched one so far (I get a bit fidgety after an hour of sitting still) but I'm already hooked.

On Sunday we spent the day with our boy. He's settling into his new flat and it's such a relief for him, and us, that he's out of that awful situation. Now he can concentrate on enjoying his course and perhaps begin to embrace university life a little more.

























Today finds me setting up my new phone. It was so easy, even for totally untechy me. All I had to do was put this phone back to back with my old one and everything transferred across, as if by magic. Things have certainly moved on in two years.

Apologies for the dreadful photos. It was so bright when I tried to capture the TV screen earlier and too dark once my phone arrived. Looking forward to trying out the camera on my new phone very soon. Waving to Sian and all those leaving a memo this bitterly cold Monday. Have a great week. Half term here and a break from the "school run", which is most welcome.



11 comments:

Sian said...

It's wonderful to hear that your boy is doing well in his new place. What a weight off your mind!

Now that sounds like the kind of new phone I should have opted for. I let someone else sort out mine and all that did was make sure two of us were tearing our hair out.

I enjoyed Trapped (and watched both episodes as I raced to finish a sock)

Wishing you a great week Fiona

Susanne said...

Glad your son found a new place - so he's not "trapped" in the old situation.

debs14 said...

Good news on the new flat front, I hope he's much happier there.
I watched the first episode of Trapped and fell asleep in the second! Fortunately I guessed this may happen so recorded them both and watched the missing bits yesterday! I think it's going to be good.

Jane said...

always a relief to know they have settled in. Will check out that new series.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

So pleased to hear that things have improved for your boy...such a relief. Hope he can start enjoying everything a bit more...
The batch baking sounds good...there's an empty space in my freezer too ;-)
Xxx

Jo said...

It is so great to hear that your boy is settling down in a new flat, I felt so upset that he had such a bad start. Want to come and fill my freezer up? :)

Maggie said...

So pleased to hear that your son has managed to move. I do hope he will be happier there. Sounds like anything would be an improvement.

Cheri said...

So glad to hear that your boy has a new place to hang his hat! Hopefully with a much more understanding and compassionate group of humans. Enjoy playing with your new phone!

Louise H said...

So good to hear your son is feeling more settled - and that you can worry just a little bit less. I just can not cope with android phones and find I use mine for calls and texts only so when the contract is up I am tempted just to go cheap and basic!

Patio Postcards said...

Glad you & your son have found a solution to roommate stress, university has enough stress without having no where to wind down. I like the idea of a stocked freeze of yummuy goodness - shall I place my order now? (lol). Icelandic crime stories - I just finished a book about the last woman executed in Iceland - Burial Rites. On this side of the pond we think British crime dramas are the best - as we say, in a loving way, no one does murder like the British (lol).

Maria Ontiveros said...

Best of luck to your boy.
I love the Little Prince artwork.
Rinda