Saturday 9 March 2013

Stampin’ Up Saturday ~ Perfect Postage

I think of my stamps and punches as an investment and before purchasing, I always make sure I’ll be able to come up with a variety of card designs using them. The Postage Stamp punch has certainly earned its keep since I bought it.

P1020548

I’ve used it here to make a 1st Birthday card for a little boy. There’s a prettied up girl version in pink, but that has a recipient in mind and her Mummy sometimes reads my blog. The elements could easily be switched to make it a welcome baby card, birth announcement or christening/naming ceremony card.

P1020547

If you’re a regular visitor to Stampin’ Up Saturday then you’ll probably recognise this design. I like to get mileage out of them! I did something very similar for Christmas cards last year. I made this in red for a Valentine card and changed to a neutral palette, with a touch of gold, for a wedding card.

  • Postage Stamp punch
  • 1” Square punch
  • Small Heart punch
  • Perfect Postage stamp set
  • Memorable Moments (numbers) stamp set
  • Morning Post alphabet stamp set

Sale-A-Bration is running for a couple more weeks, still time to earn those freebies. Spend £45 and choose from a variety of stamp sets and other products on offer. For more details about that, or any of the products I’ve shown here today, please contact me at angelfishcrafts{at}gmail{dot}com and I’ll be happy to help.

PS I’m having a few technical difficulties getting the new blog up and running. I’ve posted here, rather than miss another Saturday.

14 comments:

Lisa-Jane said...

How funny! I was so inspired by your cards from Christmas that I made DH a LOVE one for Valentine's Day very similar to this! I love the versatility of the design - thank you!

scrappyjacky said...

It certainly looks versatile....I particularly like the LOVE card.

My not so simple life said...

beautiful cards :) Lovely IRL too :)

KraftyKaren said...

Really lovely cards Fiona - it was lovely seeing them come together over the weekend x

Beverly said...

I love the vintage feel of the LOVE card :)

humel said...

Very nicely done - I'm so tempted to get a stamp punch :)

Carin McDonough said...

Beautiful stylish cards as always Fi, I love the colour combination on the first one! :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

The felt chicks were very cute, but I am a total fan of anything "postage."
Thanks for sharing,
Rinda

Alison said...

I very much look for the same things before making a purchase too, Fi! Lovely, stylish card - the postage stamp punch looks great. :)

Lisa said...

Oooh Mrs!! fabulous cards and a great punch too!! I have a punch that gives the edge but not the whole punch.... hmmm wondering if I should get it any way lol

L xx

TaraE said...

Great to see how you put your designs together then change up the theme & colour scheme to give a different look!! Inspiring....the punch is a MUST Lisa, I love mine & it's great with inches stamps too!! Txx

Jo said...

They really are lovely cards and I find them so inspiring x

Sandra said...

Like you, I really look at making sure I can use stamps & punches for several projects, and I think that punch is fabulous.

Julia said...

Just beautiful cards Fi and thanks again for lending me your stamps to make my Wedding Acceptance :)