Friday 13 November 2015

SIPIDI! ~ November Pins

This month it's all about getting ready to document December. I've got my Project Life cards in the pages, leaving some empty pockets. They won't necessarily stay where I have put them, once I start adding photos and stories. I think having them out of the box will make it much easier to see which ones I want to use each day.

























I bought a plain kraft album and my pages are 6" x 8" with a variety of different sized pockets. The cards above show the main colours: Lost Lagoon, Mint Macaron, Real Red and Very Vanilla. I suspect kraft will make an appearance in there too.

























I've picked out some matching card stock and a selection of stamps that will come in handy to make extra cards. I don't tend to buy a lot of embellishments, preferring to make my own, but I couldn't resist these reindeer paperclips. The stars are punched from Gold Glimmer Paper.

I started a December Daily/JYC board, with a few ideas for page layouts, inspiration for hand made cards/embellishments and some free printables in my colour scheme. I'll be adding to that throughout the month.

Image from And So I Don't Forget.....


























I particularly like the vellum banners in the pocket above, which have been made with a cut file. I don't have any sort of electronic machine, but they've inspired me to make some stamped vellum banners that I can add over photos with dark/blank areas. I also like the inclusion of an event that was in the news, and on my mind, with my niece arriving in Sydney the day before the siege.

It was great to see some of you joining in last month. Thanks to Amanda and Karen for sharing your October project inspiration with us. If I've missed anyone please let me know and I'll add you to the SIPIDI! board.

PS More information about SIPIDI! can be found in this post.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely kit! I love the reindeer paper clips! Looking forward to seeing your album come together. Not sure whether I will do one this year or not...

Ruth said...

The colour scheme is lovely and those reindeer paper clips are super cute! I've just made a start on my foundation pages as well, same size as yours.

Patio Postcards said...

There's those reindeer clips again! I like your colour scheme. Pinterest is a wonderful source of ideas as is Delanie at So I Don't Forget. She rocks DD every year. I get very lost in Pinterest at this time of year, now if I could just translate ideas to my actual pages :-)

Sian said...

You are certainly further ahead than I am. I'm still trying to catch up after doing basically nothing for a week. Your colour scheme is lovely.

Louise H said...

Impressive work. I love your colour scheme and those reindeer clips. I need to buy some of the vellum flags too x

alexa said...

I think that's the second time I've spotted those reindeer clips? They're going to be perfect for this pretty kit. You are off to a flying start already!

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like you're really well prepared.

Sandra said...

I'm loving the colour scheme, but then I would as it's the same as I've picked this year lol xxx

Jo said...

I really love the colours you've picked. I got Christmas in a Box again this year and can't wait to get started!