Monday 9 November 2015

Me on Monday ~ The Getting Ready Edition

It was one of those weekends where I look back on Monday and wonder exactly what I did for a large part of it. There was the usual round of Saturday morning chores. The Mechanic had the day off and we spent a chilled out afternoon catching up with some of the Doctor Who episodes we'd missed, while we were glued to the rugby on previous Saturday evenings.


























Sunday morning started lazily with coffee and croissants. I like to jazz them up a bit, by cutting a couple of pockets, to slip some good plain chocolate into. I then warm them through in the oven for a few minutes to let it melt. So good.

























After clearing away our roast lunch, I settled down in the cosy kitchen for a little crafting. Bonfire Night has been and gone and I feel ready to embrace some Christmas planning and preparation.

























I've made it easy on myself this year, with a set of coordinating Project Life cards for my December Daily/Journal Your Christmas album. I might stand a better chance of getting it done during the month. I don't want it to feel like a chore, as the big day approaches, which is something that has happened in the past. I have card stock and ink in some matching colours and I can be more creative, if I want to, or keep it simple, as time allows.

Me on Monday? Continuing with the decluttering of the lounge. I've decided on a change round and want to get it done by the end of November, ready for some festive decorating next month. Waving to Sian and the other Mondayers and anyone else calling by today. It's always good to see you.

15 comments:

Louise H said...

Those reindeer clips - I love them!!!! Having time in December is what has prevented me from doing Journal your Christmas - your idea sounds good. I think I had a similarly 'pass you by' weekend but sometimes we need to do little and relax lots. Have a lovely week x

Sian said...

it sounds to me like a weekend like that was well deserved and it probably did you the world of good :) Your Christmas colours look lovely.

Have a great week Fiona

Maggie said...

The idea of those croissants sounds delicious. We have croissants for birthday breakfasts so I could be trying them out this week. Good luck with the lounge sorting. I swap mine from summer to winter arrangement in the Autumn and vice versa in the spring so at least it gets a good sort out twice a year! I hope this doesn't appear more than once but I have had a lot of trouble getting the comment to publish.

scrappyjacky said...

Hot croissants stuffed with bacon are delicious.
I've finally begun my christmas crafting as well.

Patio Postcards said...

I like the colours of your Project Life Christmas cards. A very soft peaceful quality to them. I only print out photos at the end of the month, so my December album does get a little behind. The deer head with antlers does seem to be the "IT" logo of the season, cute clips.

KraftyKaren said...

Looking forward to seeing your December album take shape - those croissants sound delish. Have a good week!!

Julia Dunnit said...

How fascinating..that's a big change for the lounge..changed around and decluttered, impressive! And here am I gazing at our lounge and thinking if I can get away with doing very little with it before the tree raising involves a bit of shifting. I must have got the humbugs from somewhere! Love your planning for December Daily, really pretty cards. It occurs to me that if our kid is coming home for Christmas, I need to get a wiggle on and find a mattress...they took their bed with them and I doubt if they'll want to spend Christmas roughing it....must really make a list!!

Jo said...

It sounds like you had a very relaxing weekend. Those croissants remind me of the lunches the French children have at summer clubs, a lump of French bread with some chocolate in :)

Linda said...

wow! Love the look of those croissants with chocolate! YUM! Love your Christmas journal papers. I am looking forward to seeing your journal come together. Good luck with the decluttering and change around.

Cheri said...

Your christmas papers are so pretty! I think having an album pre-made with those papers would definitely encourage me to do something wonderful during the month! Guess I need to check my stash and see if I can be similarly encouraged...

Speaking of which, how is your son doing these days? Been thinking about you...

Lou said...

admiring your reindeer paperclips..very festive! our weekends do pass by in a flash don't they. Hope you are all good and looking forward to the festive season x

alexa said...

I am nowhere near your organised plan for December - but admiring from afar. I know what you mean about trying to make it simple and do-able. Your weekend sounds as if was nice and relaxing and you've clearly benefited from the rest with such active plans in view!

Miriam said...

Hello Fiona, Just popping in to say hello to you and admire all the lovely craft projects you have been doing, Also thank you for visiting me, I really appreciate that. I'm hoping that your boy is settling into uni life, his first few weeks seemed particularly hard on you both. Hope your back is improving too. I'm so impressed with how organised for Christmas you are. Perhaps I better start thinking about it.

Sandra said...

My first glance I thought the December to remember was a book, it looks so pretty

Julia said...

Sorry I'm late but popping in to say mmmm to the chocolate croissant and live your colour scheme for your December pages. We've fallen out of love here with Dr Who, shame really as we've watched religiously since it came back. Hope your weeks been good x