Friday 17 January 2014

Peachy Keen

As I mentioned on Wednesday, I’m taking part in the 52 Card Challenge again. I was a bit hit and miss with it last year and thought by posting what I’ve made here, every now and again, I might be more inclined to keep up this time around!

P1030344

The first challenge was to use stash you’d been given for Christmas. In my case, that was none! Instead I went for something new(ish) that I’d bought myself, the smaller of the two flower stamps. The larger one is an old favourite and both have matching punches, which makes things easy. Inspired by the peachy tones Alexa chose for her Friendship Quilt blocks, I made this card and a coordinating box*.

P1030353

Last week, the challenge was to use a very bright colour palette, with many more colours than I would usually put together in one card. I managed to get them all in, albeit in very small doses, including a nod to the spots and chevrons in the picture.

This week it’s a sketch challenge, if you fancy joining in. I’ve yet to make mine, but I’ll share it, along with Week 4, later in the month. Here’s to keeping up with good intentions….so far!

*You can find a tutorial for the box (in a slightly smaller size) here.

20 comments:

Jo said...

Great cards! x

Craftismology said...

So pretty.

Jimjams said...

I love that 2nd card - such a pretty background and the bunting is beautiful.

alexa said...

Now that is very clever to make both a box and a card which coordinate. It'll make s lovely gift ...

Jane said...

they look lovely.

Sue Jones said...

They are so pretty :)

Jess said...

The cloud and banner card is so cute! I may have to borrow that idea lol! Xx

Alison said...

Love the yellow base on the second card, Fi! And I adore bright colours as you know - such a great job! I have that embossing folder - I will look forward to being reunited with it - (some day ... ) xx

Susie.A said...

Both lovely cards. I especially like the banner card because it is so cheerful, I'm not sure if it's the background or just the colours themselves or a combination of both - great idea though.

Catherine said...

Love the little banner card. The cloud background is very effective

Squirrel said...

Both beautiful! I love that cloud embossing folder.

Sian said...

Lovely! I followed along last year and although I didn't make a card every week, it definitely encouraged me to make more cards and a found a lovely blog to follow too.

Sandra said...

Oh Fi, they're gorgeous

KraftyKaren said...

Two really lovely cards - love that you managed to get all the colours from the prompt into your banner x

Lou said...

very pretty x

My not so simple life said...

beautiful cards, the second is my fave :)

Susanne said...

Very nice cards. I've been noticing lots of little banners on cards lately, but nearly so eye-catching as yours!

Trish said...

Lovely cards!
Trish x

Lisa-Jane said...

Its so different from your normal style (which I love) I love it!

Maria Ontiveros said...

It's people participating in the 52 card challenge which perked my interest in making cards this year.
Rinda