Sunday 12 January 2014

Intentions for 2014

It seems a little late in the month for a retrospective post, so bang goes my first intention for this month! Instead I’ll look forward to what the coming year may bring.

P1030348

Project Life ~ I bought a small diary to jot down things that happen each day, as a basis for some pocket scrapping. I’m really keen to give it a go this year, having read with interest the blog posts of others on the subject, over the last year or so.

Instagram ~ I upgraded my phone a couple of weeks ago and for the first time I have a camera worth using. I’ve joined Instagram and am enjoying finding my way around there. I think it will also be a useful tool for PL and possibly a good way of sharing progress with the Friendship Quilt, for those that are on there.

Reading ~ Last January I began A Song of Fire and Ice, not really intending to read all the books published so far. That’s what happened though and I have about 200 pages left of A Dance With Dragons. This year I will be catching up with all the great books I missed out on. I’ve already downloaded one or two onto my Nook.

Crafting ~ There will definitely be more sewing in my very near future. I have plans for at least one other quilt, before I receive all my Friendship Quilt blocks in June. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to that. If you’re taking part, look out for a post, with some thoughts on that project, later in the week.

Blogging ~ I want to get out of the rut I found myself in at the end of the year and have some plans to that end. I also have an idea for a monthly meme, which I’ll share next week. I really hope some of you will join me.

One Little Word ~ Last year I picked ‘Connect’ and that worked well for me. This year I am choosing ‘Engage’ and I’ll talk more about that another day.

There you have it. Another fresh new year ahead of us. Let’s enjoy it together.

16 comments:

Lou said...

good intentions Fiona - Looking forward to hearing all about your meme x

Anonymous said...

They sound good Fiona. Good luck with them. I cant' wait to upgrade my phone but that won't be till summer of 2015 unless I pay a lot to get out of the contract on my blackberry. Looking forward to hearing about your meme.

Miriam said...

Looking forward to hearing about your meme and also the quilt project, and well done with instagram, I just can't get to grips with it!

debs14 said...

Looking forward to hearing more about all these things in the very near future!

Jess said...

I look forward to seeing your quilt, I'm envious of people who can sew! As you've probably seen I'm an Instagram addict lol! You'll love it xx

Sandra said...

I'm really happy you're on Instagram now, it's such a great way to catch up with friends. I. Also looking forward to seeing more sewing from you.

All good goals you've got there Fi :)

scrappyjacky said...

I'm definately looking forward to the sewing.

My not so simple life said...

Adorable little notebook, cant wait to see your quilt and everything else you do :)

Jo said...

Great intentions Fi x

KraftyKaren said...

Look forward to hearing more about your blog meme. Also look forward to seeing your quilting x

Barbara Eads said...

Sounds like a lot of good ideas, Fiona. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Sian said...

I'm wishing you all the best with your plans..and admiring that diary: very nice!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I can see that you are already putting your one little word in action by joining Instagram (isn't it awesome?) and also creating a monthly meme. The friendship quilt was such a lovely idea, and it continues to be a fun project as the months roll on. All the best for all of your intentions for the new year, Fiona!

Susanne said...

Can't wait to hear about your monthly meme. Good luck with all your intentions - and don't fret if they are delayed now and again. It's all good.

Lisa-Jane said...

Lots of interesting things afoot there Fiona! Looking forward to the meme and finding out more about your little word too.

Maria Ontiveros said...

You go girl!
Rinda