Wednesday 29 February 2012

What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #143

My desk really is in a sorry state this week, or should that be me without my desk. We are attempting to decorate the lounge and have been doing the oh so boring absolutely essential (apparently) prep work today.

IMG_0120

My husband spotted a sanding sponge, while we were wandering the aisles in B&Q and thought it would be a new toy to play with very handy. He had to try it out as soon as we got back (before we had dust sheeted of course) and the result was this.

IMG_0121

My once chocolate brown leather sofa is now magnolia speckled. Lovely. Ah well I’m sure it will all be worth it in the end. The wall behind my desk may even be a new colour next week. You never know.

If you want to see some desks where craftiness actually happens then try here. I’ll be back tomorrow with my Month in Numbers, if I haven’t been gagged with Frogtape and shut in the understairs cupboard in the meantime.

19 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Oh my! Hope you find something to clean up your couch!

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Fiona, you are good. I would prefer to gagged and put in the cupboard!!! Good luck with it...can't say I'm inspired by your work tools this week...possiblly guilted!!!

Jo.C said...

Good luck with it - don't know why I'm laughing as we have to start decorating soon :0)

Lizzy said...

You and hubby are very brave indeed. It was fun to peek.

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

I hate the prep work! The end result should be worth it though x

Ali said...

so what colour for the wall ?

fairy thoughts said...

Sorry for your sad desk this week, but I'm sure it is a means to end. What do you do with frog tape, sounds interesting ?
janet #36

Sandra said...

What is it with men sanding before dust sheets can be put down .... I have horrible memories of that when we did our building work

Hazel said...

It will be worth it in the end ... (Hazel, WOYWW #5) x

SandeeNC said...

I have a sanding sponge in my craft room, LOVE using it! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Debbie Rock said...

Now that IS a workdesk ... we hate decorating so wish you well! Debbie #89

CLaire said...

Men and their toys eh...and they moan at us fr having a few craft things...lol
Enjoy your weekend
CLaire #96

CraftygasheadZo said...

Decorating can be fun, but it's the mess, hope you get your couch sorted.Happy Thursday to you, hope you enjoy this week's snoop around the oh so creative spaces & take care. Zo xx 83

Sian said...

I like the look of those paint colours on your shade card!

Lisa-Jane said...

Definitely feeling your pain! Ouch to the cough and I HATE prep too. The only part of decorating I like is starting to put colour on the walls and then titivating when it is all finished! Lets hope we are both back at our desks next week.

Beverly said...

It will be so worth it! Just not worth it enough to me to have to move all this craft stuff and furniture out to do anything. Good luck staying on speaking terms ;)

Karen said...

Fiona it will be well worth it once it is all finished :)

Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Luv Karen xx

scrappymo! said...

Hope you get the painting finished this weekend and then you can relax and create.

Morti said...

It could be worse, you know.

I ended up with a magnolia speckled piano once.

Only the ex wasn't sanding, he was painting, and it was all the flecks from the roller...... I'm still picking them off today, 5 years on.

GOOD LUCK...... we're rooting for you!