Friday 3 February 2012

Five Things I’m Loving This Friday ~ Patchwork and Quilting

I have so many links to patterns and tutorials, that one Friday Five was not going to cut it. Instead the whole of February’s FTILTF posts will be on this theme. Let’s start with a few of my favourite quilting blogs.

One of the first blogs on the subject I found was Oh, Fransson! There are some great patterns for blocks, as well as quilt tops and smaller projects. All the instructions for this gorgeous Sparkle Punch quilt are available on the blog.

I discovered Cluck Cluck Sew more recently and there are some lovely colourful quilts on there, many made for her own children.

Lots of loveliness at Old Red Barn Co. where they host regular Quilt-a-longs.

Crazy Mom Quilts was another early find. The instructions for this simple log cabin block, which has been made into a beautiful baby quilt, can be found there.

The Modern Quilt Guild doesn’t have a lot of tutorials, but there are so many pictures of beautiful quilts by talented makers, that you can’t fail to be inspired.

I hope you find something to inspire you. Next week I’ll be sharing some tutorials that I think are helpful if you are just starting out with patchwork/quilting.

I’m off to iron the strips in my jelly roll now, so that I can make a start on my own quilt top. The only time I willingly get the ironing board out!

11 comments:

Jo.C said...

These are fantastic - they are really inspiring. Great share

Beverly said...

I want them ALL but since I am not a quilter that won't be happening. Love the colors and designs, thanks for the links :)

Sian said...

I've never done any quilting either, but I do enjoy looking :)

alexa said...

Looking forward to seeing yours grow and develop - the links you've posted are so colourful ...

scrappyjacky said...

Some wonderful quilts....I'm off to follow some of those links.

Lisa-Jane said...

Very inspiring! A relative we've never met in NZ sent us a quilt for each of the children when they were born, they are beautiful! I love quilts, something very homely about them yet full of stories.

jill said...

Ill be keeping a close eye on this Fiona , Looking forward to see how your getting on with your own quilt.

Alison said...

I'm no quilter..but pretty patterns and colours!
Alison xx

Sandra said...

I think a whole month of Fridays should be given over to quilts ... I'd be more than happy :)

Jo said...

I love quilting and following those blogs because they are so inspiring. Looking forward to a month of quilting on Fridays :) xx

Sew Scrumptious said...

Brilliant! This is just what I need for ideas for my quilt. Thank you!! x