Friday 10 February 2012

Five {+5} Things I’m Loving This Friday ~ Patchwork and Quilting Part 2

So I was all ready to go with the second part of my quilting themed FTILTF, when I realised it was the 10th today. I changed tack slightly and as well as sharing five favourite block tutorials, I’ve added quilts made using those particular blocks.

Making it 10 Things on the Tenth

A Starflower Block…..

…..made up into this wonderful rainbow star quilt.

An Hourglass Block…..

…..made up into a fabulous red and aqua colour combination.

A {Genius Method} Log Cabin Block…..

…..made into this simple, yet effective log cabin quilt.

A Half Square Triangle Block…..

…..made up into a HST quilt in lovely warm colours.

A Pinwheel Block…..

…..made up into this beautiful summery pinwheel quilt.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Really like the last photo.

scrappymo! said...

I'm drooling...all those patterns are so lovely.

Melissa said...

Such lovely colorful quilts!

alexa said...

Fabulous finds - love the star and the pinwheel especially.

Jo.C said...

These are stunning - I don't know which I like best - maybe the pinwheel or the orange/pink or the star or the ... - nope can't decide. This is not fair you are so making me want to do quilting now and I don't have time! Have a great weekend :0)

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

I really love the pinwheel pattern, but they are all wonderful and colourful! x

Tammy said...

These are all so pretty! I think the first one and the last ones are my favorites. And my Mom made me a log cabin quilt years ago. I love it! :)

scrappyjacky said...

Some gorgeous patchwork here....and I really do like the red and aqua colour mix.

Sian said...

"Changed tack" hehe. Am I the only one who found an sewing ref in there??! Beautiful pictures - you always curate a lovely collection

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

Thankyou Sian :o) I should have known I could rely on you to spot my pun!

Alison said...

LOVE the turquoise and red one!!
Alison xx

Sandra said...

I couldn't be happier, you know how to make my day, don't you :)

Rhona said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog yesterday :)
I have loved looking through your blog and the quilts are just stunning. So many I would love to try making!
x

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Just popping by to let you know I have awarded you the 'Versatile Blogger Award' - hope you like it, details on my blog x

Miriam said...

I love these quilts but the colours in the log cabin one are just gorgeous. Lovely 10 on the 10th

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I LOVE that HST quilt!!! SOOOO pretty. You've put together a great list here, Fiona! I've made a couple of log cabin quilts using the strip method. They are really quick and easy!

Lisa-Jane said...

These are all so wonderful! Its amazing how a small block looks so different when they are make up all together.