Saturday 7 September 2013

Summer Scavenger Hunt 2013 Round Up #1

Over the next three Saturdays I’ll share my final shots for Rinda’s brilliant Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt. Some you will have seen before, but there are a few new ones and some alternatives.

1.Open Air Market

P1030027

St. Nicholas’ Market. The oldest market in Bristol established in 1743 in the streets surrounding the Corn Exchange.

2. Theatre for performing arts

P1030033

Bristol Old Vic

3. City hall, Capitol or similar civic building.

P1020815

Shaftesbury Town Hall

4. Airplane

P1030140

Blue Finch. A ‘Flying Flea’ built by Bristol engineer, Harry Dolman.

5. A sunset

P1030008

Taken during our exam results celebration picnic. Stonehenge was behind me.

6. Someone or something taking a nap

P1020775

A mallard by the lake at Stourhead.

7. A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny

P1030040

Hot dogs, Wallace and Gromit style.

It occurred to me (too late!) that I probably could have taken all 21 shots, during the course of our Gromit hunts, in Bristol and the surrounding areas. I have two more things to find, including that pesky cloud and a self portrait to take, which I’m leaving until last. Then I’m done. How about you?

12 comments:

Kirsty.A said...

I'm done - posted them all today. Didn't get either bonus though

Julia said...

Love your sign (and the fact the dish contains Wensleydale cheese!)

Still not got the market, the cloud or the civic building - help!

Lou said...

The cloud one is definately "Pesky"!! I've still got to post my last few too. Great photos

Ladkyis said...

I like that your sunset is seen through a fence! I am done now. Album completed and on the table for visitors to see. It will go up into the guest bedroom at the end of September.

Jo said...

Great photos and I actually recognise a few of the places too :) x

Jimjams said...

I love the idea of Gromits to hunt - I've done rhinos (brilliant) and bears (less pretty) so far but need a heads-up at the *beginning* of the summer of some new fun creature to "collect".

I've still a couple to go ... including me+crafty item!

Sian said...

Hot dogs Gromit style? That's brilliant!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Great photos! LOVE the sunset photo - just fantastic composition and light. I only have city hall left to photograph - just need to get out there and do it!

Susanne said...

Great shots - love the mallard.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great finds. I love, love, love the sunset (and the hot gromit!).
I still need a zoo animal and the self-portrait.
Rinda

Alison said...

Great pictures..the sunset is stunning! I have a few still to get, including the self-portrait!
ALSON xx

alexa said...

I do love your sunset! The silhouetted effect is so effective ...