Wednesday 1 February 2017

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #400

February. Here you are already. January feels like a total write off, along with my poor little car. First "school run" of the year and some eejit (in the wrong lane) drove into me exiting a roundabout. We were uninjured but extremely shaken and I'm not quite over it yet. My crafting and blogging mojo has definitely taken a backseat.

When I saw that our desk sharing antics had reached their 400th instalment, well, I couldn't miss that, could I?

























This was actually the state of play, at the kitchen table, last Wednesday. Preparing for the class I taught today. That strip, stamped with flowers, is the outer part of a little treat holder. I'm hoping to put together a tutorial so cross your fingers for an end to these grey days. They play havoc with photographing anything that has a white background.

Linking up with Julia and the Deskers this afternoon. Happy Wednesday to you.

13 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

So love those stamps. Hope the class went well. Have a great woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x 23

Tracy said...

oooh those are pretty stamps and I love the colour combo you have used so spring like. Tracy #31

Helen said...

my boss nearly hit a small girl (3-ish) this morning who scootered out into the road behind a huge SUV... luckily she was going slow enough to stop.... so I can imagine how you feel too. love the stamps. Happy 400th Helen #1

jill said...

Now those stamps do make for a good back ground on any project Fiona.
Happy 400th woyww, Jill #41

alexa said...

Oh gosh, Fiona, what a horrible thing to have happen. These traumatic things always take time to get over, so I hope you can be gentle with yourself. I smiled at the word 'eejit': we always used that when I was growing up! Sharing your longing for a brighter whiter light - isn't it hard to photograph anything?

Patio Postcards said...

So very glad you are ok - such a sudden & scary event will take take to recover in body, mind & soul. I know you know to be gentle with yourself. I too am waiting for some sunny days for so many things. Pretty colours on your treat holder.

Sharon said...

Hope the class goes well. So sorry about your accident. Glad everyone is okay.

Sharon K #38

Sian said...

Gosh, thank goodness you are ok! He sounds not only an eejit, but as we say round here, a complete buck eejit.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Glad you are OK - it does give you a horrible feeling even so! Your class prep looks great! Chris34 ps STILL need to give your curry recipe a go - shopping list needs updating!

Lindart said...

OOOh - I will look forward to seeing what that lovely Spring strip will turn into! Great colors! Happy 400th, and thanks for sharing! Lindart #47

Sandra said...

Oh no. Thank goodness your ok. It shakes you up, when something like this happens xxx

Jo said...

I'm glad that you weren't hurt in the accident, some people are so stupid! x

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear about your accident but blessed that you were not injured. I think these roundabouts and diamond intersections are dangerous... especially for older people who can't grasp the concept. We had a similar issue (not an accident but someone in the wrong lane) An older gentleman had mistakenly gotten into the oncoming lane as he exited the interstate via a diamond intersection. He followed the path his mind has used his entire driving life. And there really was no place for him to go once he'd realized his mistake. Okay.. your piece in progress for class.. I looked at that strip and saw a border strip for a card so I'm going to play today. LOL Creative Blessings! Kelly #48