Monday 20 February 2017

Mail on Monday

The coffee and a doughnut edition.

























Not quite what you were expecting?

The best bit of mail from last week was this second hand Beignet pattern I bought. If you read Alexandra's post last Monday, you'll know that not only is it the name of a button front skirt by Colette, but also a delicious looking deep fried treat, not unlike a doughnut. I'm looking forward to making something a bit more challenging.

Waving to Sian and The Mondayers, while enjoying the last day before the school runs begin again. Have a great week.


10 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

I like your skirt pattern. Now if I ate toooooo many of Alexandra's type of Beignet, I would have to have an elastic waist on your type of Beignet.

Happy week ahead.

Jane said...

that looks a lovely pattern, I wish I could sew.

Sian said...

I agree with the first comment! I never can go past a doughnut..

Wishing you a week of happy sewing!

Karen said...

I knew about the beignet you eat, but although I was a seamstress for many years, I never heard of a button front skirt being a beignet, even though I made more than one of them. The new fact of the day! Hope we'll get to see the finished product.

KraftyKaren said...

Enjoy your new pattern and the doughnuts sound divine!!

Have a great week x

Melissa said...

The new pattern looks FUN . . . but now I'm dreaming of beignets from Cafe du Monde in New Orleans!

Susanne said...

I like the pattern too - enjoy making it.

Maggie said...

That does look a challenge especially to a non sewer like me. My thoughts were similar to Mary Lou. Too many doughnuts could mean waistline issues!

Lizzy Hill said...

I saw that errr 'beignet ' over at A's blog.... yummy! But sewing is up there with sock knitting for me.... puke!!!! I am GLAD it's a good thing for you though..... gotta keep these stitching & wool selling places in business;)!!!!!

Jo said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished skirt x