Friday 24 February 2017

Vegetable frittatas

I'm not a great lover of sandwiches. I prefer soup or falafels for my lunches during the week. Another favourite is these mini frittatas. They are super simple to make, quick to cook and will keep for several days in the fridge, if they last that long. Other members of the family have been known to pilfer them for a late night snack.

























Firstly chop a selection of veggies. Here I've used a red pepper, half a dozen spring onions and a handful of chestnut mushrooms.

























Divide them into a greased 12 cup muffin tray and crumble a cube of feta on top.

























Beat 8 large free range eggs in a jug, season and pour over the vegetables.

























Bake in the oven at 180 for about 25 minutes, until puffed up and golden on top.

























Leave to cool for a few minutes and firm up a bit, before removing from the tin.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

debs14 said...

That sounds super easy and delicious!

Maggie said...

Tasty! Look lovely and colourful too.

Jane said...

will definitely be giving these a go, thanks for the recipe.

Karen said...

I'll definitely be trying these! Thanks!

Jo said...

I am definitely going to give these a go, they look and sound delicious!

My not so simple life said...

Yum! You should make a little cookbook :)

Patio Postcards said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe & method to make these lunch bites. When Mr Man is home through the week & hungry I usually make sandwiches (boring after awhile) this is quick easy & healthy. Yum Yum.

alexa said...

How great that you don't need to cook the vegetables first ... I've definitely be trying these as I don't like bread-y things and am always wanting something nourishing at lunch. Thank-you!