Saturday 18 February 2017

Stampin' on Saturday

I've not written one of these posts in a while. A few things conspired to prompt me into it. Several people asked to see the finished card from Wednesday's post so I shared it on Instagram. It's quick and simple to do that and gets an instant reaction. I appreciate that not all my readers are fans and I'm putting it here for you.

























It's also easy to respond to questions on IG. All too often I get asked something here and try to reply only to find the person is a "no reply blogger". Sometimes I will visit that person's blog to answer the question, but I don't always have the time and I don't like ignoring people. Instagram is a far more interactive experience I find.

Once I'd shared my card, I had a quick browse through my Insta feed and saw Sian's post about Clutter and White Space. It struck a chord with me as one of my class ladies was not keen on the card above. She didn't like "all that empty space" and proceeded to fill it with more clouds. That's fine with me. I want everyone to be happy with the cards they take home and White Space is not everyone's thing.

























With that in mind, I try to make a variety of styles from any given stamp set. The layout of the balloons is exactly the same as in the previous card. Here I've paired them with Timeless Textures to build up the background and give a vintage look. We made four cards in this class and I'll share the other two on Wednesday.

As you can see I'm a fan of both "Clutter" and "White Space". How about you?

10 comments:

Maggie said...

Instagram is great for answering questions but I do like the detail of blogging. Usually if I ask a question I tick to have responses emailed to me but that does create a lot of emails dropping into my inbox and not all relevant!

Maggie said...

PS forgot to say how great the card is but I have told you that on Instagram already!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving your cards Fiona. I love white space but can understand why some people are uncomfortable with it and prefer to fill the card with detail. However both of these are great layouts. Happy crafting, Angela x

Karen said...

I'm a huge fan of white space, but actually both cards are delightful. I was interested in your comments about Instagram which to me always seems very limiting. I've ended up with some lovely email exchanges around comments from my blog. I find it hard to keep up with both, and blogging has always been more gratifying.

Sian said...

Yep, I'm another one who has been enjoying the instant nature of being able to reply quickly on instagram. I too find it frustrating when I go to answer a blog question only to find that "no reply". It's so easy to track someone down on instagram too.

Sandra said...

Isn't it lovely how we all love different things and I think white space takes getting used too. I remember my old cards and layouts were packed solid, but now not so much.

Sandra said...

Oh and you know me, Instagram is my favourite thing ever lol. I've made so many friends through it, but I still love to blog xx

KraftyKaren said...

Must admit I haven't ever looked at Instagram - I find it hard enough keeping up with a blog, pinterest and facebook - so thank you for sharing here. I love both styles and it depends a lot on the stamp, my mood and who I am making for on what I do. Though at the moment with time at a premium I am definitely favouring clean and simple which is so much quicker. I am looking forward to getting this stamp/die set very soon - I have lots of plans for the dreaded male cards LOL x

Lizzy Hill said...

Giggles! I wonder if it was Sian's post that subconsciously made me think of the white space thingy too! I loooove both cards.... & the cloud CAS one is a fave!!!!

Jo said...

I'm a fan of both too and I love both of those cards equally :)