Wednesday 23 May 2012

What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #155

I found my way to Portland and back again with no problems. It must have been down to all your good wishes, because it surely was not my doolally satnav. However an hour into the journey my car decided it didn’t fancy going into third gear any more. The last half hour of driving was a bit of a challenge!

P1010892

This afternoon I pulled out the strips for my temporarily abandoned quilt project. I need some plain fabric for the sashing and was looking for a cheaper alternative to Moda Bella and Kona Solids. I found Klona plain fabrics at Backstitch yesterday and ordered a swatch card, which arrived this morning. Very fast service.

Also on the desk floor today are a few fabrics I picked out to make myself a new peg bag. I want to hang it on the line so I bought some cheap children’s coat hangers. The floral prints at the back are to make a couple of summer skirts. Oops! I’m supposed to be keeping it short. Sorry Julia.

19 comments:

Annie said...

Love the fabrics. Hope we get to see what you make with it all :-)
Hugs,
A x #62

Lisa-Jane said...

That's a wonderful array of fabrics there! I hope the car got sorted. x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great fun fabrics. I laughed about your satnav. A friend had me use hers once and the darn thing would tell me to take the next turn, which I would. Then it would tell me as soon as legally possible make a U-turn because it didn't really mean the next turn but the one after that.

kay said...

lovely material
have a fab woyww
kay #33

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It says a lot about me that the moment the Satnav told me to take a right turn, I immediately wanted to disobey it and go left!! How sad is that, I really must get over this rebellious streak in me - it's not good at the ripe old age of 50!!
Gorgeous fabrics btw, makes me want to come and play :)
Hugs. LLJ #57 xx

KraftyKaren said...

Lovely fabrics - looking forward to seeing what you make with it all - hope you blog the results x

SandeeNC said...

Well hoping your car feels better and is acting better! Ya know I don't mind longer posts, I'm hear to to see what my friends are doing and love to read all about you! I know some people are trying to zoom through, but I'm the chatty type! Can ya tell? lol Shutting up now and waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Barb King said...

Pretty fabric, should make some nice projects! barb 170

okienurse said...

love the fabric squares! I have a horrible time with the sat nav. I always make the wrong turn and get paranoid that the droids are going to take away my license! Have a great day! vickie #28

sandra de said...

Lovely fabrics for your quilt. Looking forward to a peek of the completed quilt. (Don't feel pressured!!) I hope your car starts to co-operate very hard when you have to raise your voice at the satnav and the car.
Sandra @57

Neet said...

Gorgeous fabrics Fiona - the link you put didn't work but I found you! Ha Ha!
Hugs, Neet #25 x

Morti said...

A very vintagey summery selection of fabrics - lovely!

Does the car still not want to do third gear or has it stopped have a tantrum now?

Thanks for stopping by!

Sian said...

Those lovely fabrics are making my fingers itch to stitch!

Twiglet said...

Beautiful fabric selection - hope you enjoy making some nice things! x Jo

CraftygasheadZo said...

Glad your trip went well, those fabrics are pretty! Take care & enjoy this WOYWW, hope your Thursday is a lovely one. Zo xx 80

Queenie Jeannie said...

Glorious fabrics!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Jeannie #75

Eliza said...

Looks like you have some work cut out for you, oodles of fabrics and all nice too.

Happy crafting
Eliza #49
http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

Joynana said...

So many pretty fabrics. No time for sewing in this house. Have a good weekend. #115

alexa said...

Some gorgeous fabrics here - quite a haul! Looking forward to seeing the peg bag. :)