Monday 8 December 2014

Me on Monday

These Mondays are coming around a little bit too fast for my liking this month!

It was a start as we mean to go on (with a treat of hot chocolates and a muffin for me and my girl), stroganoff cooking, Christmas shopping with her friend, Skyping/gaming with his friends, mini cracker making, first Christmas cards arriving, Never Let Me Go watching (naughty mummy substituting the film for the book. Do as I say, not as I do!) for GCSE helping, personal statement fine tuning (summing yourself up in 4000 characters, including spaces, is not easy), croissant warming, beef roasting, Christmas Club story reading/memory sharing (3 left to comment on, I’ll get there), tea in front of the telly (a rarity around here) kind of weekend.

2014-12-08

Monday found me making the most of the sunshine to pre wash some fabrics….

IMG_20141208_113621

….and watching an episode of Glee….

IMG_20141208_154939

….while I ironed them. I have Homeland to catch up with still and Intruders (anyone else watching that?) but I was in the mood for something a little lighter, after the heavy subject matter of Never Let Me Go. There is a scene in the film (don’t worry, no spoilers from me) when one of the characters stands in the road and lets out his frustration. It’s a heart wrenching moment. All the more so for me as it could have been my boy standing there, having a meltdown. December is always a difficult month, but throw in a trip to London at the start and mocks looming after Christmas and we have a tough few weeks ahead of (and one thankfully now behind) us.

Waving to Sian again this evening, with grateful thanks. Without her clever ideas I wouldn’t have posted anything yet this month.

PS There seem to be some problems with Word Verification on Blogger at the moment. As far as I can tell it’s turned off, as always here, but if it’s coming up for you please let me know. Thank you.

7 comments:

Sian said...

Ooh, personal statements. Yuck! Best of luck with it.

We had a strogonoff too this weekend and we watched Homeland..but it's too stressful for a Sunday night, really!

I can see the WV waiting for me. Sorry..

Sandra said...

Sounds like a good weekend was had ... Especially that muffin and hot chocolate

And yes, I can see I need to do a word verification

Jo said...

It sounds like you had a lovely weekend x

Susanne said...

Sounds like you are busy around there. Since I am so late in getting around, hope your week has been good.

Susanne said...

PS Since I was signed into google and saw the word verification but ignored it and it let me post without entering it. Woohoo.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a very full weekend.

doris sander said...

lovely fabrics!