Sunday 7 December 2014

Christmas Club ~ Pantomime

I didn’t have a blog of my own, when Sian hosted the Christmas Club, back in December 2010. I’ve shared some Festive memories here previously though, so I had a quick trawl through the archives to make sure I didn’t repeat myself. Then I saw this post from December 2011 and I knew that I wanted to repeat myself!

At Christmas we….

SCN_0048

….put on a show. Here I am, circa 1976, playing the cat in The Four Musicians of Bremen. How I loved to be on the stage. It was my absolute favourite thing about Christmas, throughout my primary school years. From Snow White’s wicked stepmother, through Saint George and Mary, to Gobbolino the Witch’s Cat, I loved every single part I got the chance to play.

SCN_0046

My little brother wasn’t quite so keen. Here he is playing one of the “Two Little Dickie Birds” from the rhyme. Whether he was Peter or Paul, I can no longer recall, but I do remember that he didn’t want to wear the red tights. They were mine and he had to fold the feet over inside his daps, because the legs were much too long.

Thank you Sian for bringing back the Christmas Club and giving me the chance to join in this time around.

PS There are different photos and more of a story in the other post, if you missed it.

12 comments:

Jo said...

Great photos and wha a good sport your brother was :) x

Sian said...

Oh, brilliant! I love that little detail about the red tights..isn't it funny the little things we never forget? these photos are totally charming.

Jane said...

wonderful photos and memories. I was always too shy for anything like that.

scrappyjacky said...

How great that you have the photos.

Miriam said...

Absolutely lovely. Your poor brother having to wear his sisters tights! what a great sport he was. I love that you have the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Love your post.....amazing what details stick in our minds, isn't it?!

debs14 said...

I can understand why your brother wasn't keen to wear girls' tights!
Cute photos x

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh, school Christmas shows aren't like this anymore are they! I recognised you, even in your cat disguise.....of course, you're taller but apparently otherwise unchanged!!

Sandra said...

Oh Fi, what a joy these photos are

Becky said...

Ah, this is great! And I love that you call them daps - that what my hubbie calls them!

Alison said...

Great memories....I'm another one who wouldn't have got on the stage for love nor money!! Xx

Anonymous said...

What a great story! I love how telling a story brings back even more memories.