Friday 4 October 2013

A Friendship Quilt ~ The Colours

Thirty days hath September….allegedly….and I’d love to know where they went! We’ve been laid low by a nasty virus and it’s taken a while to get back on our feet. Today I’m going to share the colour schemes that everyone has chosen for their patchwork blocks. It’s a lovely selection.

Abi ~ Creating paper Dreams ~ Neutral with pops of colour

Alexa ~ Trimming the Sails ~ Peachy shades

Alison ~ Life in the Slow Lane ~ Teal/turquoise/cream

Amy ~ Over at Our Place ~ Seaside colours, washed and worn: cream, kraft, pale blue, muted denim  Plain fabrics, stripes or spots

Beverly ~ BE Glorious ~ Blues, greens (think Caribbean shades) and orange

Deb ~ Paper Turtle ~ Bright colours

Deb ~ Debs World ~ Spring time colours: pinks, blues and greens

Fiona (me!) ~ Staring at the Sea ~ Anything goes

Jacky ~ Scrappy Jacky ~ Rust/terracotta and greens, but not lime green

Jo ~ Buckingham’s Palace ~ Blue and Yellow with white/cream

Jo ~ Sugar and Scrap ~ Pinks and turquoise

Sian ~ From High in the Sky ~ Creams, whites, tans and linens

As I said in the email, we’ll keep the posting order alphabetical, exactly as it appears here. Abi will be the recipient for this month and Alexa in November. We’ll take a break in December, I’m sure we’ll all have enough going on then. Resuming in January with Alison and Amy will be Miss February.

There are quite a few useful links and tutorials in these two posts from last year. I’ll be back on Monday with tutorials for a basic nine patch and four patch. Those I have found online all involve rotary cutting, which I’m assuming beginner quilters will not have the equipment for. Don’t worry they can be made using scissors instead.

If you’ve already started, just remember your finished block must measure 6.5” no matter what design you’ve chosen to make. Have fun with it.

14 comments:

Sandra said...

Some great colour choices there :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Thanks so much for pulling all this together, Fiona. I'm so excited about this project. In fact, I've already finished my square for Abi. :o)

I have ideas in mind for most of the ladies on the list...just need to make them happen but I supposed there's still plenty of time.

Beverly said...

I'll definitely be reading the tutorials :) I'm excited about this project, thanks for including me, Fi!

My not so simple life said...

Cant wait to see the result, wish I was that talented!

debs14 said...

I was so excited to get started on this and luckily I only work 4 days a week so had a whole day off to get stuck in!
Love the variety of colours everyone has chosen.

Abi said...

I'm so excited for this and can't wait for all that happy mail to arrive! Thank you for publishing the colour schemes. I will try and get some done when I get home at Christmas.

scrappyjacky said...

What a great variety.

Alison said...

I am off to visit a friend on Wednesday who has promised to help get me started!
Alison xx

Alison said...

I am off to visit a friend on Wednesday who has promised to help get me started!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Thanks for this Fiona. I'm excited about making my first block, but I definitely need a bit of help. This looks like a great place for me to start

Jo said...

All lovely colours, I will get mine sorted and sent over to you x

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm not participating, but I"m looking forward to seeing it on my friends' blogs.
Rinda

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes along. You must have the patience of a saint my dear!

alexa said...

Looking very exciting! Nice to have such a wide range of colours to work with.