Sunday 20 March 2011

A revelation!

I recently discovered something, that has revolutionised my blog hopping habits! It is a very small thing and probably already known by every other blog hopper out there, but it was big news to me!
I visit a blog, find an interesting link, click on it, find another interesting link, click on it....you know how this goes. Before I know it an hour has disappeared and I have no idea where I started! But....and it's a very clever but....if you hold down the shift key, while clicking on that link, it opens in a whole new window. Hey presto! No more getting lost and forgetting where all those other interesting links took you.

12 comments:

humel said...

Yes!! I never knew that, thank you very much :) I kept going through the faff of 'right click, then select open in new window....' so this is going to save me a lot of time, thank you! x

Lizzie said...

I knew you could open a link in a new window, by right-clicking and selecting that option; but I didn't know that using the Shift key was a short-cut to doing this! Thank you for the quick and clever new method - wonderful!

Sandra said...

Well I never knew that ... thank your for that, but have you got any tips for not losing hours and hours reading gorgeous blogs LOL

Anonymous said...

Well, you just taught me something - thanks!

Your blog looks great - love your header photo.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Sorry Sandra, no great tips for that, but if you find one let me know!

Glad to have shared something useful to you all :)

Sian said...

I didn't know that! Thanks Fiona - and best of luck with the blogging, you have made a wonderful start with that beautiful header

sharyncarlson said...

Such a great tip! I often find I do that, too :) I'm a fellow classmate in Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers class. Looking forward to your posts!

scrappyjacky said...

I didn't know that either....thanks for the tip.Love your blog header....as I live near the sea....could do with something similar.

Allycat x said...

Another here that didn't know that! Thanks Miss Fiona!

x

Jen said...

Cool tip! Thanks for sharing! Jen x (classmate)

Kes said...

on a PC, ctrl+click (from memory - I have a mac at home these days) will open stuff in a new tab... Sometimes easier than extra windows...
I'm also a fellow classmate from Shimelle's...

The Mann Fam said...

Whoa! What a great tip!

Thanks for sharing.

Visiting from Shimelle's class