Friday 8 August 2014

Pile of Postcards Exchange

It’s been fun to be part of Sian’s Summer swap. There is something delightful about postcards dropping on the door mat and mine have come from all over the place.

P1030527

From Sussex and Kent, Northern and Southern Ireland and the United States.

I’ve seen quite a few popping up in my Instagram feed, including one of my own. I know that two have arrived safely at their destinations and hope the rest have too or will do very soon.

I learnt that postcards always go second class, even if you put a 1st Class stamp on them. That it’s safer to put them in an envelope, when posting abroad and confusing to the counter staff in the post Office, when you stamp that envelope to look like a postcard!

Thank you to everyone who sent me a card. With a little bit of detective work, I think I have thanked you all personally, but just in case. And, of course, big thanks to Sian for organising another fun swap.

11 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

It's been great fun.

alexa said...

Hasn't it been super? I love your Wee Dote :).

Alison said...

It HAS been fun!
Alison xx

Susanne said...

What a great collection. Such a fun thing, it was!!

debs14 said...

Oops did not know overseas ones should have gone in envelope! The lady in the post office didn't say anything when I went in to get them weighed for postage. Oh dear.
It has been a fun exchange hasn't it?

KraftyKaren said...

Really enjoyed it - must photograph and share mine x

Jane said...

Glad mine arrived safely x

Sian said...

I have really enjoyed spotting all the postcards appear. I'm thinking we may just have to do this one all over again next year

Cheri said...

So fun to see my postcard in your collection - even if it did arrive a little worse for the wear!

Sandra said...

Oh dear, I didn't put my overseas ones in an envelope. I hope they arrive safely.

It's been so much fun sending and receiving these

Miriam said...

Oh! the poor wee dote! what a wonderful phrase. I have loved this exchange too, your adds look nice all together.