Remember that little sewing project I was working on a couple of weeks ago? I finished it up and it’s now full to bursting with loom bands ready for a very long car journey to Scotland tomorrow.
It’s not perfect, but I learnt a lot in the making and it serves its purpose pretty well.
I interfaced the outer fabric, but I do not like the cardboardy feel this gives it. I’ll try the sew in stuff next time. I’m also not keen on the sloping corners at the top, but unsure how to avoid this happening. Any suggestions gratefully received.
I found it very tricky to get my stitching even along the zip. I know that only bad workmen/women blame their tools but in this case I think my particular style of zipper foot may have had something to do with it. I did a bit of research and it turns out that the snap on one that came with my machine is not well loved.
Using glue to hold the zip in place, while stitching, was a revelation to me. Pins make things awkward and I’m far too lazy to tack it in place first. I’m not sure I’d do it with clothing, but it in a project like this it’s the perfect solution.
Blogging has been somewhat sporadic this month. I’m taking a little break for the next week or so and I’ll be back in September. Enjoy the rest of your Summer.