Wednesday 4 June 2014

What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #261

Is it really a whole week since I last blogged? Darn you exam season, for sucking the life out of me right now! Nearly there and then we can all breathe again.

P1030494

Oh look, it’s my *actual* desk. Now you can see why I’ve been showing you the kitchen table of late. This has become a dumping ground, for whatever I’ve just finished with. Class planning, card and box samples and ATC making.*

P1030491

Here’s one of today’s class offerings. Everyone is always pleased to see a masculine card among the samples. Is there anyone who doesn’t struggle with these? I love these tiny stamps with their vintage feel.

P1030481

A prettier version, made for my eldest niece, to wish her well on a year long adventure in Australia. We made this as an easel card in class and changed it up a bit to include a Happy Birthday sentiment. Why are easel cards so tricky to get a good shot of? I gave up and shared this one instead!

P1030493

And finally, a little matching gift box. The sun was out, for about five minutes, so I took my chance with the camera. That’s it from me. My girl will be home any minute. Pop over to Julia’s to see what the rest of the deskers have been up to. I’ll be round to visit this evening.

22 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

Gorgeous makes as always. After the crop I had a play with my envelope board and made boxes and gift bags!! So easy. Just popping by to say hi today, empty desk, been sorting stuff!! Take care Zo xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

What awesome cards. I love postoids and I love vintage. So these are perfect.
Rinda

Annie said...

Gorgeous cards Fiona.
Hugs,
Annie x
http://wipso-astitchintime.blogspot.co.uk/

Sandra said...

You make amazing cards

My not so simple life said...

Great cards and that box is adorable

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so impressed that you managed to use the same stamps for a male's card and an female's card. Both are really clever.

Guess I'm # 13 this week and happy WOYWW.

Lou said...

everyone right, your cards always look so good x x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the card and the box, very clever.
Happy crafting, Angela x @Felix the Crafty Cat # 7

Ohhh Snap said...

Beautiful projects! Happy WOYWW! #5

Chrysalis said...

What lovely cards - and hang on in there, exam time nearly finished. Have a great week, Chris # 10

Andrea said...

great cards Fiona I do find mens cards a struggle..I love these. have a fab week ahead I hope to take part next week work has got in the way this weeek :-(
hugs Andrea x

Sian said...

I hope life will soon be back to normal and everyone can relax for a while. We can't wait til this time next week!

KraftyKaren said...

Love the weekly peek at your desk/table and loving the male card, always open for ideas for male cards x

My Little World said...

Lovely card and box.

alexa said...

That gift box has me drooling :). Your vintage-y look is lovely ...

Jo said...

Great cards and gift box x

Twiglet said...

Fab cards and such a clever matching gift box - perfect! x Jo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Great cards - got a 'man' card to make this weekend!
Love that box!! Chris20

okienurse said...

great looking desk and I love all the cards! Awesome! I haven't been able to post on Wednesdays for a while and I have missed it! Sorry I am so late getting around! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #62

Miriam said...

These are gorgeous cards Fiona, I love how you made a male/female card from the same supplies...very clever. I do like the look of your desk, the one that has become a dumping ground. It looks just like mine! I once read that all you really need from a desk is a space the size of the paper you are working on! That's been me of late. I notice you make ATC's What do you do with them? I keep mine in a folder..not very imaginative.

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Shaz Silverwolf suggested that you might be able to help Debbie (Tattered Rocks) and me. We are both looking for the large Stampin' Up Swallowtail Butterfly rubber stamp. Please, can you tell us where to get it. If I had a choice I would choose a see through stamp, but if there is no choice, then I would take whatever is available. Hope to hear from you. xx Maggie

Lisa-Jane said...

That's a cute box and I have Pinned that masculine card - its just right!