Wednesday 26 February 2014

What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday? # 247

No, your eyes are not deceiving you, that really is sunshine falling across my desk.

P1030392

That hint of brighter light was enough to prompt me into having a bit of a sort out. As far as my work space goes, it just made it all that much untidier. It’s got to get worse before it gets better though, hasn’t it? I shoved all the paper crafting stuff up to one end to make room for some sewing bits and pieces.

I have so many projects that I want to have a go at and more than enough fabric in my stash, yet whenever I decide to begin something, there always seems to be a vital ingredient missing! My mission this week is to pair fabric with patterns/ideas and see what else is needed to complete these projects.

The next step will be to buy zips, interfacing, matching thread etc. so that I have everything on hand when the mood takes me and I have a bit of a time to sew. I did manage to finish one thing last week, which has been hanging around half made for ages. Mainly through fear of messing it up with the glue and getting it everywhere.

2014-02-20_1392915443

The sewing part was easy and came together very quickly. I think I shared that before, but couldn’t find the post, which shows how long ago it must have been. I distinctly remember having a discussion with Lisa-Jane about kiss clasps. Well, finally the fabric and the clasp came together and I’m pretty happy with the result.

Now onto a bit of shameless self promotion. That’s if you’ve got this far, I seem to have waffled on more than is usual for a Wednesday! If you’re visiting from WOYWW, then I already know you love to see what other people have been making and like to join in with a meme. Perhaps you would consider mine?

It involves taking some of those ideas, you’ve carefully filed away on Pinterest and bringing them to life. Whether that be a crafty project, organisation strategy or simply something good to eat. All the details can be found here.

Even if you don’t fancy joining in, it’s worth checking out this month’s post to see what everyone else has had a go at. As my friend Rosey said, it’s nice to see things made by real people, rather than Martha Stewart!

23 comments:

Annie said...

Love your purse...well done on getting it finished and good luck with organising future projects :-)
Hugs,
Annie x#53

Grove Walker said...

How clever. I would never be able to make a purse....it is beautiful!

Sheena said...

I'm loving the purse x
I sew but never had the nerve to try one yet...

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You do have some great fabric, always slightly out of the norm. The construction of the purse is amazing, well done!
I'm sorry about my comment on your SIPIDI post, think I've got a bad case of Spring Fever today!
Hugs, LLJ 43 xx

CraftygasheadZo said...

Lush purse and you are right, the brighter days are fab, and make crafting so much easier! I've over worked my Ottlite to the point it's broken so new one on the way. I use it all year as love to craft in evenings too. Take care & enjoy your day. Zo xx 67

scrappyjacky said...

Such a cute purse.

Alison said...

Love the purse...you're so clever...am off to link up with you...thanks for the reminder!
Alison xx

Susanne said...

Cute bag. And yes, any organizing project of any depth always produces more chaos before it gets better.

Twiglet said...

Lovely purse and a great idea to get together lots of bits and bobs ready for action. Oh and I like the idea of see it pin it do it- I am only good at the first bit!! x Jo

Sandra said...

The sight of sun after so long has been making me have a clear out too :)

I am really loving that purse

Karin said...

Your purse looks gorgeous. It's wonderful how the sun has shone today.
Happy Wednesday
Karin #99

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Fiona, that purse is lovely. Really like the Meme idea- that will at least give me a good reason for all the stuff I keep pinning, lol.Might even get to actually do some of them too. Just posted a new link, my first was going to last weeks post! Have a great week, Hugs Shaz #102 xx

Sharon Madson said...

What a fun looking desk, and a neat purse! :) #85

Lea.H said...

love the fabrics, cant wait to see what you make! Lx

Unknown said...

Your colors are beautiful!

KraftyKaren said...

Such a cute little purse - I love that fabric xx

fairy thoughts said...

love the purse, well done on finishing it. I have so many UFO's ive lost track. I have left you a comment about your new idea
have a good week
janet #38

Sian said...

That hint of brighter light has been helping me to keep going this week..now I'm looking forward to more clear evenings to cut and stitch by. Your purse is lovely - I love that paper doll effect fabric

Julia Dunnit said...

I think that getting all the supplies together for each project is very sensible..nothing puts me off quicker than not having the right stuff...no different from kitting for class or crop, huh!! I really like the purse, I know you didn't knock it out, but the care shows. great fabric!!

alexa said...

What a pretty purse! And I'd never heard it referred to as a kiss clasp but it makes perfect sense. I am sorry that I have yet to get to grips with Pinterest properly, but wish you every success with the meme :).

Kelly said...

I love that bag! so cute. yes.. i believe when it comes to cleaning, things do get worse before hey get better. my studio is proof. Creative Blrssings ~Kelly #95

Jo said...

That purse is gorgeous x

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm so sorry! I've just realised how many of your posts I have missed recently! And then I see my name! I don't remember the conversation but I do like those sorts of purses - I like the way they snap! Looking forward to properly meeting you in person on 29th because I got a pass! xx