Friday 14 February 2014

Hearts and Flowers

Happy Valentine’s Day! Today seemed like a good day to share the next few cards made for the 52 Card Challenge. There has been absolutely no let up from the rain since I got up this morning. A day for baking biscuits and snuggling up in the warm.

Week 3 was a sketch challenge. I tinkered with it a bit, but kept it simple.

P1030387

I cut the mat to fit the card front, rather than leaving a space at the bottom for the sentiment. I stuck with a flower motif for my first card, but I didn’t want it floating in that large white space so I put a square of paper underneath and added the sentiment there as well. The design was easily adapted for a quick Valentine.

Week 4 was a photo prompt and there was plenty of inspiration here.

P1030382

I went for a kraft and white base with a pop of bright colour. Also taking inspiration from the wooden table and doily underneath those beautifully iced biscuits.

P1030381

I made a second “Just because” card in peachy tones. I think there will be a few more of these, in other colours, coming soon!

Week 5 was a selection of words picked from Nat’s prompt jar.

P1030368

I went back to an old favourite for the scripty background. Chose pale pink and ivory as my colour scheme and framed the letters with some champagne glitter card. I also made a simple box to match and these were our projects in class last week.

I’ve set up a Pinterest board with all the prompts and my own takes on each…..so far. It’s a great way to build up a little stock of cards for whenever you might need one. There is a second part to the challenge, which encourages everyone to make a Christmas card for each prompt, but it’s far too early for me to be starting that. I will refer back to the board when the time comes though and I’m sure it will be helpful.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards.

Susie.A said...

These are all such lovely cards. I like the different colours in the banner style card and so clever the way you've brought in the table effect and the doily too.

alexa said...

I like the wooden effect and the little vertical banners are very sweet. I am bowled over by those biscuits!

KraftyKaren said...

Really gorgeous cards, I'm loving that woodgrain stamp x

Virginia said...

Wow they are gorgeous!

Sue Jones said...

Wow gorgeous cards! I just LOVE those doily ones.

Pat said...

Lovely set of cards...I particulary like that hardwood stamp and cant wait to get one!

Sian said...

happy valentines Day to you too! A little late, I know. I'm hoping you are safe and warm and dry.

The wood stamp and the doily? So lovely

Trish said...

All beautiful but I must say I love your week 4 cards. Simple but very effective!

Sheena said...

These are a wonderful collection of cards Fiona x
I own that script stamp too I think I need to dust it off & get it back into use :)

Miriam said...

Lovely cards Fiona, Week four is my favourite. those biscuits look wonderful.

My not so simple life said...

beautiful cards as usual :) Love the banner ones

Jo said...

Great cards x

Lisa-Jane said...

Wowzers, those biscuits are amazing! I wonder where the pic came from? My friend does beautiful iced biscuits but I've not seen any like this.