Wednesday 16 May 2018

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #467

Another Wednesday rolls around and I actually have a desk shot this week. Admittedly it's from just before the National Scrapbooking Day shenanigans started! I was prepping for a class and making a few more PL cards for my 100 Day Project.
























We had a new lady join us and she hadn't dabbled in paper crafting before. I kept the gift box simple and planned the other projects to include the use of punches and the Big Shot as well as basic stamping. I also need to keep things interesting for the ladies who've been coming along for several years. It's a fine balance.

























One card made with a repeated motif to get used to the pressure required and one with a large background stamp used face up, bringing ink to stamp.

























The square cut from the frame on this card was used on the other one. Waste not, want not!

Linking up with Julia and the Deskers this morning. Happy Wednesday.

9 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What lovely creations, I think you have found a happy balance for both those new to the paper crafting world and those that have been creating and attending for a while. Super clean colours within your card creations and I love that little box bag too. Thank you for sharing.
Creative wishes Tracey #5

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Lovely card and gift box - clean and simple! One day I might be brave enough to take part in the 100 day project but I'm a commitment-phobic! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #25

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love the pink/green/taupe colour scheme, really pretty! And well done for using the scraps so successfully too, I do try to do that with my fabric as well. Hope you're keeping well and happy, lovely gal, I do often think about you xx
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

I love how the same die and stamp can be used in several different ways to great effect. Lovely projects Fiona. Have a good week. Sarah #9

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Fiona, great projects, and so good to show a newbie how to make the absolute most of her stash! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz XxX #10

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My apologies for the late visit. A huge storm knocked out my electricity and internet about the time I began visiting. I finally gave up waiting for it to come back on and went to bed.

I always love seeing what you make, because you inspire me, even if I don't have any of the required products or tools you use. It makes me think of alternatives, which is also a good thing. And I love that you don't waste anything, either. Happy WOYWW from #3.

Helen said...

well, those look just great for old and new crafters alike! must be quite a challenge keeping ideas flowing! Helen #2

glitterandglue said...

Hi Fiona. Lovely cards and box there - well done. I imagine your new member really enjoyed herself learning new things.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Nice stamps and dies and what a great result too. Happy woyww, Angela x23x