|1. Maria Denmark Yasmin Yoke Skirt|
First up, the dressmaking project that has been hanging around the longest. I started to pin it together and couldn't figure out why the pocket linings wouldn't fit. Eventually, after much head scratching, I realised that I hadn't added the seam allowance when I cut them. I've written myself a helpful note on the pattern piece and just need to find a scrap of cotton to cut another set from.
|2. Two Zip Hipster bag|
Here are the fabrics I shared on IG last night. I've pulled them from my stash to make a replacement for my much loved denim Fat Face bag, which is slowly falling apart. The gingham is a similar weight to the denim and together they will make the outside of the bag with the polka dots for the lining.
|3. Colette Laurel dress|
This project stalled when I decided I wanted to make it sleeveless and realised I would need bias binding. I wanted to make my own from the Tree of Life fabric, but I'm thinking I might just buy some hot pink binding to match the zip and be done with it.
|4. Roberts Collection dungaree dress|
This is the newest project on my list. I have a bit of a thing for denim dresses and this one looks perfect. I changed my mind on which fabric I'd use for the facings. Can't resist those polka dots.
|5. Pyjama bottoms|
Lastly, those PJ bottoms I mentioned last weekend. Along with Sandra and Jo, I've challenged myself to get a pair of these made by the end of October. Finally pre-washed my lovely elephant fabric this afternoon and also found this Butterick pattern in my collection. I figured it would save me tracing off the one in Love at First Stitch. That should speed things up. The end of the month will come around all too soon.
I have many other sewing projects whirling round in my head (as always!) but I think that's enough to be going on with.