Another week has flown by and my workspace, this afternoon, is the ironing board.
I’m cutting interfacing for my skirt. Rather than using the pattern pieces I’m just going to cut roughly around the fabric facings. When I used iron on interfacing, for the waistband of the Lonsdale dress, it seemed to shrink it a bit. Is that a thing that happens? I’m also trying a different type of interfacing this time. I wasn’t keen on the cardboardy feel that I ended up with, when I made a bunch of zipper pouches. This seems much floppier and has a bit of stretch crosswise.
No class this week and really I should be planning for the next one and not sewing at all. Here’s one of the offerings from the last session. The Dictionary stamp is so useful for making your own text paper, in whatever colour you fancy. Polaroid frames have been around for a while now and I know that you can get a special die to cut them, but I thought, how hard can it be? I cut a rectangle, with my trimmer and cut a square out using a framelit die. Not hard at all, as it turns out. I think they’d make good embellishments for a scrapbook page or to use in a Project Life pocket page. The bonus being, you can adjust your measurements to suit your project.
That’s it from me. I want to get that waist facing together, before the children get home from school. I’ll be linking up with Julia and all the other deskers first though.
PS If you’re a fan of sewing, you might be interested in the free pdf pattern downloads that Love Sewing magazine are giving away each week, during the run of the Great British Sewing Bee. This week it’s the Lottie blouse. Be quick, as it’s only available until tomorrow (Thursday 12th) when the next one will be announced.