It’s World Book Night later this month. On their website there is an ever changing list of 100 books, from which they have chosen 25 titles to give away on the 23rd. The master list was compiled by asking people to submit their own list of 10 favourite books.
I have agonised over this many times and never been able to limit myself to just 10 titles. However, I have read a lot of the books on the list and thought I would share a few favourites from there. But….I still couldn’t pick only 10! In the end I just grabbed a random selection from my bookshelves and here they are…..
…..in no particular order:
- Rebecca ~ Daphne Du Maurier
- Chocolat ~ Joanne Harris
- The Time Traveler’s Wife ~ Audrey Niffenegger
- Birdsong ~ Sebastian Faulks
- His Dark Materials ~ Philip Pullman
- Tess of the d’Urbevilles ~ Thomas Hardy
- The Lord of the Rings ~ J R R Tolkien
- One Hundred Years of Solitude ~ Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time ~ Mark Haddon
- The Secret History ~ Donna Tartt
Can you pick just 10 favourites?