Saturday 5 November 2011

My Month in Numbers ~ October

I read Sian’s Month in Numbers back in September and thought, ‘Ooh that’s a good idea, I must investigate Julie’s blog.’ Of course the thought left my head not long afterwards and before I knew it, another month had rolled by and I was reading Sian’s October numbers, along with an accompanying scrapbook page!

Without further ado (but mostly because if I don’t share them today, I will forget again) here is my own month in numbers.

31 = the number of times I posted during the month of Blogtoberfest. I read about it on Mel’s blog on the first day of October, so it was all a bit last minute and I had no plan in mind. Somehow I muddled through, in my usual fashion and managed to post something every day.

10 = the number of lovely new followers I gained during the month. Welcome.

18 = the temperature that the thermostat was set at.

2 = the number of times the heating kicked in at that setting, during this wonderfully warm October.

0 = the number of trick or treaters that came to our door, on the last day of the month. I was rather disappointed, but the children were not. Probably because…..

20 = the number of lollies (half of them made into spiders with pipe cleaner legs) and

25 = the number of little packages of assorted sweets, that I had got ready for those non-existent spooky visitors.

I’ll definitely be paying more attention to the numbers that pop up during November.

8 comments:

Beverly said...

Still in awe of you Blogtoberfest people, good job with your numbers :)

Julie Kirk said...

Hi Fiona, I'm so pleased you decided to investigate me and join in with your own numbers!

I've added you to my original post now: http://notesonpaper.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-month-innumbers-2011-october.html

You sound like you were busy enough blogging in October - so I wouldn't worry about not having photos - I'm just happy you played along.

I sometimes start a draft post during the month to store my ideas for the number round-up at the end.

You've reminded me that I used to always check the outdoor thermometer to include in my numbers - I must get back to doing that!

Thanks for joining in, you're welcome to play along this month too.

Julie :-)

p.s: I love your blog-header.

Jo said...

A great months in numbers :)

alexa said...

Lovely read - and so sorry about the lack of trick or treaters. We had none over here either! :)

Alison said...

Quite a few people have mentioned a lack of 'Trick or Treaters' this year..I wonder why?
Alison xx

Sian said...

It's kind of addictive once you start, isn't it? I think I owe Julie a big apology for telling her way back at the beginning that I wasn't much of a counter!!

I like Julie's idea of a draft post for keeping it all together. Might try that.

And our heating has definitely kicked in today - we woke up to a thick covering of frost

Jimjams said...

I love reading other people's months in numbers so well done for joining in. Halloween was quiet here too - good job I didn't go to too much trouble with the treats as they'll be here for a while ... at least until the boys return from Uni!

Ginger said...

I want to try this out too and hope to get an October post going soon :)
We donèt get very many spooky visitors either!